Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Possible Future NCXD Replacement Bike - The Yamaha Xmax 300

Senior Member Possible Future NCXD Replacement Bike - The Yamaha Xmax 300Possible Future NCXD Replacement Bike - The Yamaha Xmax 300 kpinvt's Avatar
    Bike: !RED! 2014 NC700XD - The Best Bike Ever

Possible Future NCXD Replacement Bike - The Yamaha Xmax 300

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my 2014 NC700XD, love it every time as soon as it starts rolling down the road. I'm thinking of the future me, a me much deeper into my decrepitude, who might not be able to handle the weight of my NC. Sometimes I really miss having the Silver Wing scooter I had for a couple of years but what I don't miss about that bike was the weight of it, 540 lbs. wet, and the little wheels, 13 inch front and 12 inch rear. I've been looking at the Yamaha Xmax as a possibility.

The Xmax 300 thread on ADV Rider:
    New Xmax 300 ! | Adventure Rider

One owners experience on the Xmax:
    Rocket & Me | Page 9 | Adventure Rider The author of the thread lives in Jacksonville, FL. He begins talking about a big upcoming trip on his Xmax.

Edit\ As of 05-28-2019 & page 13 of the thread, his Xmax had clocked 2700 miles on his trip, for a time two up with his adult daughter from Brooklyn, NY to Portland, ME via Albany, NY, Vermont and New Hampshire, where she was dropped off for the plane trip home. This thread has me convinced the Xmax might work for me. Now I just have to find one I can sit on. I live in northern VT and all of the possible Yamaha power sports dealers are still only listing snowmobiles and 4x4's.

The Xmax is 399 lbs., 15 inch front wheel and 14 inch rear and almost as much room under the seat that the Silver Wing had.
    Last edited by kpinvt; 30th May 2019 at 05:43.

Senior Member Possible Future NCXD Replacement Bike - The Yamaha Xmax 300
    Possible Future NCXD Replacement Bike - The Yamaha Xmax 300
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Kymco, Burgy 400, and the Xmax, just to name a few. I’ve drooled all over them. I’ve had several scooters over the years and always marvel at the handling and fun factor. And I know I’ll have another one day.

I’m quite secure in my manhood.

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Super Moderator Possible Future NCXD Replacement Bike - The Yamaha Xmax 300 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Scooters are super fun. We have three in the garage. The only down side for me locally is that the roads here are so bad, the little wheels and short suspension travel give us a rough ride.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: X-Adventure, Suzuki VStrom 1000ABS, 1989 Honda Dominator, CRF250L
    I think someone I know has one. I have asked him for his opinion and will post on here as soon as I have it.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Bike: X-Adventure, Suzuki VStrom 1000ABS, 1989 Honda Dominator, CRF250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I think someone I know has one. I have asked him for his opinion and will post on here as soon as I have it.
    That response.......

"Brilliant, quickest most economical way to commute."

TBH I would have preferred if he had elaborated a little more. However I have previously heard him raving about it and he is consistent. He is a good rider with several other motorcycles including a Super Ten and a Tracer 900GT.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.