Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda NT700V ???

Bike: nC700X

Honda NT700V ???

Didn't even know that this mc existed, but then I never saw the NC700x until I saw the one advertised on CL that I bought.Looks like it didn't go over too well here in the states as it's no longer offered, but Looks like a nice ride.

2010 Honda NT700V - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle automotive bike sale
    Last edited by eastbayandy; 10th October 2017 at 07:20.

Bike: NC700X
    Shaft Drive too.

Bike: nC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Red NC View Post
    Shaft Drive too.
    yea, the only neg I read about was it needed a 6th gear. saddlebags are not removable .

Senior Member Honda NT700V ??? FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    I believe DirtFlier has or had one?
    --
    Fez

Senior Member Honda NT700V ??? dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Honda priced it way too high when new. A proven platform in the U.K. and other markets but it just fell flat on its face over here.
    Dave

ST1300
    NC700XD
    R1200RT

Bike: Honda VFR 750, NC700X
    Very nice bike... Our NC came from this bike I believe... I had a good friend who had one of these. It was really nice. Had a pass through between the hard side cases that let you put something long that went through to the case on the other side. Kinda neat.
    I wanted one of these when they came out but as others have stated.. way too expensive. Was watching for a used one then came along the NC and I decided to jump on one of those instead of waiting any longer.
    I think I would have been as happy with it as the NC but getting parts would have been expensive I think since it was so rare.
    on NC700x, also have a VFR 750

Senior Member Honda NT700V ???
    Honda NT700V ???
    Bike: 2013 NC700x/w DCT
    [Very nice bike... Our NC came from this bike I believe...]

Only the name on the fuel tank is the same but everything else is completely different.

The V-twin, 680 cc, 5-speed engine, is based on the HawkGT 650 which was sold here around 1988-89 and later became a cult favorite as a naked sportbike. It has shaft drive with integral hard bags, adjustable windshield and the "pass through" mentioned previously was designed to please motorcycle couriers in the UK. It's about 70 pounds heavier than my NC/DCT and unfortunately a lot of that is up top so it has a top heavy feeling.

The locking mechanism for the saddlebag is a weak point - many NT riders have added external latches - and some complain about needing a 6th gear. On the interstate compared to my NC/DCT, the tach reads about 1000 rpm higher at 60 mph but the engine doesn't seem to care so it doesn't bother me.

It has twin discs in front so stopping power is much greater than the NC plus the system is partially linked. Stepping on the rear brake pedal activates one set of pistons in a front caliper. Pulling the front brake lever doesn't do anything to the rear, unlike the ST1300 with its fully linked system.

I bought mine in Dec 2009, have around 65k on it now and it's my long distance bike. Wind protection is fantastic when compared to the NC even with Madstad windshield. It's been to the Left Coast several times, Nova Scotia, and all across the US. Fuel economy is good at around 52-57 mpg. Fuel tank size is 5.2 gals which is great on long trips especially across the wide open spaces out west. And the standard seat is comfortable but I had Spencer in FL redo the seat after about 2-years after the standard foam got tired.

I've never had any problems ordering parts, even to this day.
    Last edited by DirtFlier; 11th October 2017 at 04:44.

Bike: X-Adventure, Triumph Explorer 1200, 1989 Honda Dominator
    This bike is not a big seller over here but it has a huge reputation for reliability and there are some massive mileages on some of those that I am aware of, many in excess of 100,000miles. It is not quick but it is a good long distance tourer. Afaik there are 2 pannier sizes. As is suggested above they are permanent once fitted. It is not a quick bike but like all so called "slow" bikes it can be ridden quickly depending on rider. Police were using them over here for rural use and the local Blood Bank also has a small fleet of them. There is good protection from the bodywork.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Senior Member Honda NT700V ???
    Honda NT700V ???
    Bike: 2013 NC700x/w DCT
    [...there are 2 pannier sizes. As is suggested above they are permanent once fitted...]

The pannier body itself is the same but the lids are either the normal depth or extra-deep that almost doubles the capacity. As far as I know, the extra-deep lids were never standard and only offered as an accessory in the UK. USA NT owners with the extra-deep lids bought them from the UK. Mine still has the standard lids but I have a good friend who fitted her bike with the extra-deep lids.

Member Honda NT700V ???
    Bike: NC700Xdct,CRF250L
    I owned a 2010 NT700V before I bought the NC700.
    It is a good middle weight full fairing shaft drive. The built in side cases have two lid sizes. The weak latches are high failure items. Shaft drive is reliable. Suspension barely adequate. Wind protection is very good. The windshield is adjustable by pulling it up or pushing it down into preset notches. I added a laminar lip to the stock windscreen with good results. Speed is about the same as the NC, but it only has 5 gears. The rear tire is hard to change. You can find them in excellent condition for $4000 to $5000. They are slow sellers. Here is a link to the forum for more information.
    NT-Owners.ORG