I guess it depends on what your idea of an ADV bike is...
1. A round the world bike that you can pack hundreds of pounds of gear on that weighs a ton.
2. An off road machine not intended to be ridden on highways... and only on paved roads to get to other dirt roads.
3. A mix of the above on a bike that you can actually pick up by yourself if it falls over, but you can ride on a highway if you want to get to another part of whatever country your in quickly.
After you answer the above question, you should have a pretty good idea of what your looking for. if it's:
1. You want the biggest displacement BMW you can find loaded with huge cases and every accessory known to man.
2. A dirt bike with some soft bags big enough to hold a spare pair of underwear to change into every other week ;-O , cooking and camping gear, and something to make coffee and drink it once made.
3. 250 to 700 cc bike with a mixture of the above gear that is comfortable on highways or dirt roads/trails.