Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The NC700X ride, What's it like?

Senior Member The NC700X ride, What's it like? maxwellian's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 NC700x
    I'm 6'1 with long legs and arms. I sit bolt upright on the bike if i don't make an effort to lean forward a bit. Stock seat and suspension bothered my back. Slope mod and a used cbr600 f4i shock made a big difference. Corbin seat made it a little easier for me to sit with good posture.

Bike: klx650c
    Quote Originally Posted by OldJeff View Post
    The Arkansas Dragon - Hwy 123 | Arkansas Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

The stock seat was painful for me and I ended up with a Corbin seat that helped a lot. But what really got my ride right was the Rox 2" risers. Tank to tank riding is possible now, esp. if I can stand on the pegs periodically.
    For me I rasied the front seat, easy with no drilling anything. SW Motech footpegs which lowed the feet a 1/2" also larger pegs. I'm 6'3". MRA windscreen with bruundt 2" adjusters and a air blocker in the middle above the headlight.. finally I put 15mm Tusk handlebar risers on. All these changes and a Airhawk R air sest on top made a world of difference in confort.

Bike: Honda NC750-S
    I fixed stock seat with highway pegs ...

https://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc750-m...hway-pegs.html

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    I had a 1991 ST1100 that I sold when I got the NC700X. The ergos are better for me on the NC700X than the ST. My ST1100 had a stock seat and helibars which I could never quite get configured so they were comfortable. There was obviously more wind protection on the ST, but otherwise, I prefer the ergos on the NC. The NC700's stock seat does get better with mileage, but you will likely want to replace it. If you want a wider width, a Russell Daylong should be perfect. There is a huge power difference between the two bikes, but I usually short-shifted my ST anyway, so the lower rev limiter didn't make any difference to me. The lighter weight of the NC made riding fun again, whereas the ST was great for trips but made commuting or running errands into a hassle.

Bike: Honda NC700X, Harley Sportster XL883C
    I have two bulging discs in my lower back and two herniated discs in my neck. The NC is very easy on my back but tough on my neck. I think having your feet directly below your hips makes a nice seating position for someone with back problems. My other bike is a Harley 883 Sportster. It's just the opposite. Tough on my back (forward foot controls) but easy on the neck. I love the NC but have to do something to the seating position to ease the strain on my neck. I'm thinking of lowering the seat with the Lust Racing Lowering kit.

Bike: None
    Thanks Maxwellian for your input. I'm 5 9 so maybe that will be to my advantage. You are having to reach furthur to reach the bars thinks to your heigth I suspect. I've sit on one and with my feet on the floor and it seemed like you go to the tank right off.

Skeleton, thanks for your input. We might need to bring this up to the Honda folks and maybe they would put a better designed seat on the thing.

Tom, thanks for your suggestion on the Russell Daylong seat. I was comfortable on my ST except for the fact I could not get my feet flat on the ground. It was a big heavy machine. Lot's of power!!

mgmirabelli you sound like you got what I got. I got spurs on my neck but I haven't had any pain in a long time with my neck. I quit doing anything that jared my body. In other words, no more fun. I rode a wide glide for twelve years and that probably didn't help my back any. Thanks for your unput.

Thanks bikerguy. Hope I don't have to do all those things to get a comfortable ride out of the bike.