Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The NC700X ride, What's it like?

Bike: None
    itlives, I see you are just down the road from me here at Lake O pines. What is the Dragon run?

Bike: Silver 2013 NC700X
    The Arkansas Dragon - Hwy 123 | Arkansas Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

The stock seat was painful for me and I ended up with a Corbin seat that helped a lot. But what really got my ride right was the Rox 2" risers. Tank to tank riding is possible now, esp. if I can stand on the pegs periodically.

Commuter Extraordinaire The NC700X ride, What's it like?
    The NC700X ride, What's it like?
    Bike: NC700X
    I have a bad back from a minor parachute accident while I was in the army. I've rode nothing but sport bikes until I bought this NCX. I can honestly say that in over a year my back has never bothered me. My butt on the other hand had trouble with the stock seat and I did not like the turbulents caused by the Honda Touring screen. I pretty much use this bike for commuting but I have taken several 5-8 hours rides. Never bothers my back.

Senior Member The NC700X ride, What's it like? itlives's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X, 2012 Super Tenere
    The dragon I was referring to is the "Tail of the Dragon" in North Carolina. Everyone says if you have a bike, you need to go there. I went....it is beautiful up there but for my money, I'd just as soon stay close to home and do Arkansas roads. THe only thing Arkansas doesn't have are the mountain vistas of the Great Smokies and the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you're riding for the roads, Arkansas is the winner!

I met 5-6 of the forum guys up in Arkansas last month. It was a great time even though I didn't do all the twisties they did (I did about half and headed back to camp) because I'm not that good a rider and they (twisties) make me nervous. I'm the kind of rider that likes to look around. You can't do that when you're riding for the twists.

My "mission" was to make real the people I converse with in here (and do some camping). Both completed!

There's lots of forum members is this area. You could still go on rides with us even if you decide not to get an NC. This is a very friendly group!

Senior Member The NC700X ride, What's it like? Fuzzy's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, Versys X-300
    Quote Originally Posted by itlives View Post
    The dragon I was referring to is the "Tail of the Dragon" in North Carolina. Everyone says if you have a bike, you need to go there. I went....it is beautiful up there but for my money, I'd just as soon stay close to home and do Arkansas roads. THe only thing Arkansas doesn't have are the mountain vistas of the Great Smokies and the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you're riding for the roads, Arkansas is the winner.
    Minor correction. The Tail is in Tennessee starting at the North Carolina border. Agreed, Arkansas has roads every bit as good and wins the comparison for lack of traffic.
    Apply dog logic to life:
    "Eat Well, Be Loved, Get Petted, Sleep A Lot, and Dream Of A Leash Free World."

ATG ATT

Senior Member The NC700X ride, What's it like? dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    As far as the places I've been West Virginia has the best motorcycling. Awesome roads and the traffic on the good roads makes Arkansas seem crowded by comparison.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Thanks OldJeff, I had a Corbin on my WideGlide and I loved it. It was a old used seat but it still had a lot of life in it. It had a back rest for me also as it did for a passenger. A really nice set up.

Thanks itlives. I like Arkansas for riding my self. I went for a week of camping on a motorcycle at the mountain at Mena, Arkansas. I was with a couple that was on a Harley. They had a little camper they pulled behind the Harley that they slept in. We rode out every day in a different direction and came back to the camp each night. They took me up on Mount Nebo. I accused them of trying to kill me!!! lol I was on a ST1100 Honda and was not real good at riding it at that point. Them switch back roads going up that mountain really made me nervous but I made it to the top and back down. I couldn't keep up with them at first during our rides but by the end of the week I emproved quite a bit and was able to keep up by the end of the week. I could lay that ST down and go around them curves like you suppost too at the end of the week. I enjoyed riding up there and it would be fun to do it again. The people we ran into were all friendly to us. A storm came up one night up on that mountain we was camped on and blew me and my tent away. I got out of the tent and there was a laundry room there, so I took the ST and parked it in the laundry room and I slep on a laundry folding table that was in there. That saved me that night. I'm not a go fast rider and like you say I like to see whats around me while I'm riding. I don't have a bike right now. I sold my Harley and haven't gotten anything else yet. Thanks for the invite to camp and ride. Hopefully I can get a ride soon.

dduelin, I been thru Virginia a few times but not by motorcycle but in a car. I was stationed in Aberdeen Maryland for AIT training just before I went to Vietnam. I agree with you on good riding in Virginia. Tenessee might be good too. I would like to go to Oregon one of these days. Passing thru Virginia on them roads was something else. If I remember right they was all two lane only and just didn't seem very wide at the time. Going back up thru there would probably be a lot of fun.

Thanks Sargeant Chuck. I was at a Honda shop today and sat on a NCX for a bit and talked to a salesman. The bike feels really light. I like that too. The last two bikes I've had were really heavy bikes. The seat didn't feel real good as I sat there. Seems like it needs to be wider. It is a 2013. He offered it to me for 7 thousand and no prep fees. I offered him 6,200 and no prep. He said I would have to talk to the owner of the place to maybe get that deal. I know the owner pretty good, so maybe it will happen. He's out of town right now. He ownes three Honda shops around here.