Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After market fuel/gas tank

Bike: Honda NC700
    After market fuel/gas tank-fuel-cap-jpgAfter market fuel/gas tank-fuel-line-jpg

I don't always keep the auxiliary tank on the moto with me, when it is installed, it sits in the Hepco-Becker top box. A fuel line comes out the bottom and connects to the blue cap (after I remove the blue cap), then the fuel line is routed to the side panel under the passenger seat (yes, I drilled a hole in the side panel and then sealed it). Then it goes to the gas cap, which I drilled a hole into the gas cap and passed the fuel line down through it.

A few things to note:
    1. The fuel flows thanks to gravity.
    2. The fuel on/off lever is under the top box with the blue cap still on it (the lever is just out of site on the other side of the connector). When I want to let fuel into the OEM tank, I simply reach back and open the fuel lever.
    3. I have a secondary on/off lever under the seat. I put that there in case I walk away from the moto and someone wants to see what the other on/off lever does and my OEM tank is already full.
    4. I never open the on/off lever until the fuel level in the OEM tank is low enough to accept the fuel from the auxiliary tank.

Bike: NC700X
    Thank you sir...
    Yes, I had to wait for my stock tank to near-empty too, before turning the other lever on, else there will be an overflow in my carb.

Once again, thank you.

Bike: Honda VFR 750, NC700X
    I think HondabikePro made one for his bike..... he was looking into making them available but found out it would be too much hassle with legal issues, so he can't sell them.

That means you would need to either do it yourself, or hire someone to do a custom job for you, and they would charge a great deal for taking the legal risks involved.....

If you search the forum, HondabikePro's post is still here somewhere. He showed his process as he was making it if I remember right. Very nice aluminum tank in the passenger seat area if I remember correctly.
    on NC700x, also have a VFR 750

Senior Member After market fuel/gas tank
    After market fuel/gas tank
    Bike: 2013 NC700x/w DCT
    [...I have an Acerbis Auxiliary tank (6L), which I used on my previous bike, with carburetor. So I just joined the the fuel line with the old ones using a Y-joint...]

The fuel line on a Fi bike is under pressure with the engine running. It would be easier to go to the tank.

Bike: Honda NC700
    Quote Originally Posted by netizen View Post
    I think HondabikePro made one for his bike..... he was looking into making them available but found out it would be too much hassle with legal issues, so he can't sell them.

That means you would need to either do it yourself, or hire someone to do a custom job for you, and they would charge a great deal for taking the legal risks involved.....

If you search the forum, HondabikePro's post is still here somewhere. He showed his process as he was making it if I remember right. Very nice aluminum tank in the passenger seat area if I remember correctly.
    I will have to check it out, but I want to leave the back seat open for a passenger.

Bike: NC750X
    I have a Rotopax, but have not had to use it yet

[IMG][/IMG]

Bike: Kymco SD125

Quote Originally Posted by hojo View Post
    After market fuel/gas tank-fuel-cap-jpgAfter market fuel/gas tank-fuel-line-jpg

I don't always keep the auxiliary tank on the moto with me, when it is installed, it sits in the Hepco-Becker top box. A fuel line comes out the bottom and connects to the blue cap (after I remove the blue cap), then the fuel line is routed to the side panel under the passenger seat (yes, I drilled a hole in the side panel and then sealed it). Then it goes to the gas cap, which I drilled a hole into the gas cap and passed the fuel line down through it.

A few things to note:
    1. The fuel flows thanks to gravity.
    2. The fuel on/off lever is under the top box with the blue cap still on it (the lever is just out of site on the other side of the connector). When I want to let fuel into the OEM tank, I simply reach back and open the fuel lever.
    3. I have a secondary on/off lever under the seat. I put that there in case I walk away from the moto and someone wants to see what the other on/off lever does and my OEM tank is already full.
    4. I never open the on/off lever until the fuel level in the OEM tank is low enough to accept the fuel from the auxiliary tank.
    Hi hojo!!

Could you please one day make a picture of the tank you put in the topbox? I'm in no hurry at all, so take your time.

This work looks very good. Congrats!

EDIT: I see in a previous post of yours you've used a lawn mower gas tank. The only question that remains for me is: is that a plastic gas tank or a metallic one? Thanks again.
    Last edited by edwinvb; 17th January 2016 at 07:08.

Senior Member After market fuel/gas tank Cigar Mike's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by netizen View Post

When you make something like HondabikePro. You make it to bring extra water along. You put a warning label on it that says for water only. It then becomes the users problem for using it for something other than what it is sold for. It has been done before.

Bike: honda nc700x dc
    i installed as a left sadle bag a three compartment alominum box about 1.2 k"g.
    self made. it usally holds 3 freon gas or water and comprresed air for the "mack" truck
    air-horn. i can take 1.5 liters of fuel in each tank. i like the plastic tanks
    but if you spill the beans and they get scraped you may feel the heat.....
    fuel is flameable. After market fuel/gas tank-nc-temp-jpgAfter market fuel/gas tank-nc-temp-1-jpg

Bike: honda nc700x dc
    will try again, the temp gauge is here by mistakeAfter market fuel/gas tank-sadle-jpgAfter market fuel/gas tank-sadle-1-jpg
    the right is the heavy tool box for a/c foxing and instaling.
    the left is for the freon gas.
    Last edited by gidipajer ils; 17th January 2016 at 17:59.