Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT

Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x

So I have about a 2 hour maximum toleration time before the screaming butt pain starts with the standard seat.

I tired to just get used to it.

Bought some Moto-Skiveez to see if those would help, they do, but not enough.

I tried to tough it out.

I thought maybe I was just a crybaby and needed to ride more and the seat would soften up or form fit to my rear end.

A thousand +++ miles in and the stock seat is still a pain in the butt.

Broke down and sent my credit card information, pledged my first born son, and filled out a second mortgage for a brand spanking new Corbin seat. Hoping this helps.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    IKR, i too had that same thought and pulled the trigger last year. I tried the slope fix, slightly better but still a PITB. I scored a really nice Shad/Pillion combo from a guy here and it was better nut still not right. I sold it to another fellow here and grabbed a worn-out/duct taped Corbin that was great at first and then my first long ride just killed me. I ponied up and bought a nearly brand new RDL from a guy here who my height/size/weight(what were the odds right?) and absolutely love it! I still have that ole' Corbin seat, i may just have it recovered and sell it here for someone who has a '12 or whatever year NC it will fit... or not haha. :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 750 XD, FLHTC, Can Am RT
    I had a Corbin on a K-75 RT. 30,000 miles still stiff as a brick and it did not fit my butt. Then I had a Corbin on my 650 Dakar. It looked the same as the one on the K. But this one was a perfect fit and shape to my butt. Still hard as a brick but I could ride all day long. Ya never know.

Good luck with the seat, I'm still searching for NC comfort. Plus I have a hard time understanding how the same company that can make a Gold Wing seat can sell this NC torture device. Don't tell me price point, the Super Cub has a better seat.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy da vig View Post
    ... Plus I have a hard time understanding how the same company that can make a Gold Wing seat can sell this NC torture device...
    Quoted for truth!

Bike: 2018 NC750X DCT
    I just booked a ride in next Thursday to have a Laam seat made. I had him make one for my Versys and it was great. I live about 3 hours away so it's an easy trip up there, most people ship their seat pan and have their seat shipped back. I'll post pics and a review next week.

When I had my Versys, I tried a Sargent and while I liked the shape, it was hard. Hitting a bump was like getting spanked with a piece of wood, plus I felt like I was sliding all over the seat. I tried to like it, but just couldn't. Bought from Sargent and sent it back during the 30 day trial period. My Laam seat was great, far more comfortable, absorbed bumps really well yet you don't feel like your sinking into a Lazy boy. Fantastic seat. I hope the one for my NC will be just as good.

Super Moderator
    Bike: NC700x, ST1300, XR250L, CX500 Turbo, TRX350fwd, CT90, C70, TRX250, TRX 500, VFR1200x
    It will interesting to see how you like the Corbin. I have had Corbins on three other bikes. I thought they were all comfortable..........but..........they were all very very stiff ( aka as a board). Corbin’s theory has always been comfort with support but not with soft cushions.

Senior Member Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750xOrdered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x PortlandZinMan's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 NC700X DCT
    I have used Corbins for years (Iron and Baby Butt riding). You MUST give it time to break in - at least 1000 miles... If you look at most common bad reviews, it is from folks who install it, ride for a day and then call it quits. The seat is worth the money. I have owned at least 6 of these and have on on my bike now - I can ride all day and never think about my butt or back - mission accomplished.
    Don
    PortlandZinMan
    2014 NC700 DCT
    Portland, OR

Senior Member Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x
    Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x
    Bike: 2013 NC700x/w DCT
    I believe that Corbin glues the cover to the foam so having a new cover installed is not easy. At least it was that way a few years ago.
    Last edited by DirtFlier; 20th June 2019 at 01:55.

Quote Originally Posted by PortlandZinMan View Post
    I have used Corbins for years (Iron and Baby Butt riding). You MUST give it time to break in - at least 1000 miles... If you look at most common bad reviews, it is from folks who install it, ride for a day and then call it quits. The seat is worth the money. I have owned at least 6 of these and have on on my bike now - I can ride all day and never think about my butt or back - mission accomplished.
    Corbin says 2000 miles to break in.

I'm hoping to get it far enough in advance of my trip to get 500+ miles in the saddle before we depart on our long trip. So I'm guessing mine won't be fully broken in!!! I will be taking MotoSkiveez too, so the combination might work for me. The saddle should be fully broken in long before we return home from the trip.

We are looking at running up the East shore of Lake Michigan, all around Superior and then back down the West shore of Michigan. That trip is roughly 2400 door to door. We are flexible enough that we may continue east and follow the shorelines all the way to the St Lawerence Seaway. Just depends upon the weather, the arthritis and the butt stamina. But the trip could theoretically reach 6500 miles if we do the entire Great Lakes Circle. Planning to leave roughly August 10.

Bike: 2015 NC750X - 2007 ST1300A
    melensdad, I have interest also to hear your comments on the Corbin. I had few Corbin seats on different motorcycles; huge comfort improvement with the 2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200, Honda ST1100 but not much with the front seat only on my ST1300. It was not as "dished" as the 2 others. When I look at pictures on Corbin site for the NC, I feel there is still a forward slope but photos don't tell everything. Also, for evaluation purposes, it would be nice if you tell us about your stature, weight, inseam... I have a "light" frame 5'-10" 140 lb 32 inseam and not sure the Corbin is designed for me.