Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x

  1. #21
    Senior Member melensdad's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland (NW Indiana) USA
    Posts
    569
    Took the Corbin off the bike last night.

    The "tab" on the front side of the Corbin is a metal tab, unlike the plastic one of the front end of the Honda seat. Seemed like there was a little bit of room to install 2 rubber risers under the seat. So I found a couple suitable risers, each just about 1/4" tall. Nice squeeze of silicone sealant onto each of the 2 pieces and stuck them to the bottom of seat's support bumpers.

    Slipped the seat back into the stock tab and it works. Fastened the 2 rear screws and I now have a Corbin with a little less front slope and still no gap. Did not take it for a ride last night to see if a 1/4" makes enough difference but I will do that a bit later today. Early doctor's appointment, followed by a meeting, then errands will occupy morning and early afternoon so the bike ride and seat test will wait until afternoon.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Bike: Honda NC750X
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Rollingstone, Mn
    Posts
    3
    Good morning from Minnesota!

    Just bought a 2019 NC750X....new. I looked around this morning for a seat from Corbin, Sargent and Mustang and none fit this year and make. Corbin said were not gonna go past 2016 because there was a tank/storage compartment length change that makes them different i guess. Has anyone had any luck finding an off the shelf seat for this bike thats not a custom build? Thank you!

  3. #23
    Member ScottHump's Avatar
    Bike: 2018 NC750X DCT
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA United States
    Posts
    43
    Some people really like seat concepts. They send you a cushion and cover that you staple on to your factory seat pan, or you can send it to them and they’ll install it for a small fee. It’s not an expensive option, around $200 or so. Like any seat, works for this guy, not that one.

  4. #24
    Senior Member melensdad's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland (NW Indiana) USA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by grpuetz View Post
    Good morning from Minnesota!

    Just bought a 2019 NC750X....new. I looked around this morning for a seat from Corbin, Sargent and Mustang and none fit this year and make. Corbin said were not gonna go past 2016 because there was a tank/storage compartment length change that makes them different i guess. Has anyone had any luck finding an off the shelf seat for this bike thats not a custom build? Thank you!
    I ordered from Corbin's website!

    Mine is a 2018 which is pretty much identical to your 2019 except for the color. Seats from 2016 to 2019 are interchangeable.

    Here is a copy/paste of my email confirmation from Corbin (address deleted) take notice of the MODEL and the YEAR of my bike in their order confirmation!


    Date = 6-18-19
    Customer Number = 30xxx
    Order Number = 158xxx
    Billing Name = Robert xxxxxxx
    Billing Address = xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx St
    Billing City = xxxxx
    Billing State = IN
    Billing Country = United States
    Billing Phone Number = 219-xxx-xxxx
    Billing Email Address = [email protected]
    Mailing Name = Robert xxxxxxxx
    Mailing Address = xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx St
    Mailing City = xxxxxxxx
    Mailing State = IN
    Mailing Country = United States
    Shipping Method = Ground
    Order Quantity = 2
    Order Subtotal = $ 393.00
    Sales Tax = $ 0.00
    Shipping Costs Calculated Later = $ 0.00
    Order Subtotal = $ 393.00
    Height = 6
    Weight = 200
    Inseam = 33
    MAKE = Honda
    MODEL = NC750x
    YEAR = 2018
    COLOR = red

    Terms = CORBIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
    Last edited by melensdad; 8th July 2019 at 12:59.

  5. #25
    Senior Member melensdad's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland (NW Indiana) USA
    Posts
    569
    Rode to my fencing club tonight on the newly adjusted Corbin with the 1/4” front slope shims in place. Even at only a 1/4” of added height to the front of the seat it was a noticeable improvement.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Bike: Honda NC750X
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Rollingstone, Mn
    Posts
    3
    These are great comments and i do appriecate them! I think i will try the Corbin once i see what there restocking charge might be just in case. I work in a mfg/machine shop so to make a spacer or 2 should work out. Short distances i have no worries Just the 1/2 hour or longer ones gets my butt a hurtin! This is my first adventure bike. Been looking really only at this model as my origin comes from a late 60's Honda z50 and then the ct70's. Honda is what my dad bought and so will i. they are remarkable with there reliability! Rode a HD Supergluide the last 9 years. Wanted something different. Love this bike so far. 400 miles on it. 67 mpg avg on these short trip of around 10 miles to work and home.

    Thank you again!

  7. #27
    Super Moderator Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,090
    As a general observation on NC7x0X seats and their lack of comfort, I’ve come to a conclusion that it’s not all about the seat. I’m not a total butt wimp, as I just rode my GL1800 (with a mostly stock seat) for 9000 miles in 24 days with ZERO butt discomfort. With 7 years of NC ownership and experience as of this month, I simply can’t yet find that level of comfort in any NC seat. I’ve tried stock, Shad, Seat Concepts, Sargent, Saddlemen, and Russell seats, along with combinations using an Airhawk cushion or sheepskin. None of them work, and I believe the reason is the foot peg and handlebar locations on the NC. The foot pegs are too far rearward, and the bars (even with 2” risers) too low and forward. It’s not possible for me to sit squarely on my buttocks, rather the pelvis is forced to roll forward to accommodate the bar/peg locations. I’ll continue my quest for NC seat comfort, but hearing how the Corbin already requires the “showkey mod” to fix the slope, I’m going to skip trying that one.

    Even the seat on my CRF250L Rally, that looks like a vinyl covered 2x6, is more comfortable than my NC seat because the pegs and bars are in the right place for me (5’8” height, 32” legs).
    Last edited by 670cc; 9th July 2019 at 07:33.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

    NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

  8. #28
    Senior Member Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x
    Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x
    Red Rider's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    As a general observation on NC7x0X seats and their lack of comfort, I’ve come to a conclusion that it’s not all about the seat. I’m not a total butt wimp, as I just rode my GL1800 (with a mostly stock seat) for 9000 miles in 24 days with ZERO butt discomfort. With 7 years of NC ownership and experience as of this month, I simply can’t yet find that level of comfort in any NC seat. I’ve tried stock, Shad, Seat Concepts, Sargent, Saddlemen, and Russell seats, along with combinations using an Airhawk cushion or sheepskin. None of them work, and I believe the reason is the foot peg and handlebar locations on the NC. The foot pegs are too far rearward, and the bars (even with 2” risers) too low and forward. It’s not possible for me to sit squarely on my buttocks, rather the pelvis is forced to roll forward to accommodate the bar/peg locations. I’ll continue my quest for NC seat comfort, but hearing how the Corbin already requires the “showkey mod” to fix the slope, I’m going to skip trying that one.

    Even the seat on my CRF250L Rally, that looks like a vinyl covered 2x6, is more comfortable than my NC seat because the pegs and bars are in the right place for me (5’8” height, 32” legs).
    I think you’re on the right track. I remember my Gold Wing and all the miles I could cover with zero discomfort. Also my Road King in its stock configuration. Certainly different animals in every department like suspension, etc. but the butt-factor is what matters most. To your point, I have a Royal Enfield Himalayan which again is an entirely different critter but amazingly comfortable even with its low price point stock “everything”. The difference is the peg position vs the seat angle and height vs the bar reach and height. That perfect (for my 5’11” 32” 172 pound) triangle that is always spoken of. I ride that thing all day long and never once find myself thinking of any backside discomfort. Honda, and most bikes, really, always seem to just miss it when it comes to those critical angles that make the ergos of one bike terrible and another “just right “ despite perhaps being a lesser machine in most other categories. Guess that’s why every motorcycle involves trade-offs and compromises and why we are never completely satisfied with just one - speaking of myself of course. Adding highway pegs to my NC really shouldn’t have been necessary in my opinion and don’t seem to go with the style of the bike, but they do give me that edge when it comes to hanging in there tank-full after tank-full or diving off repeatedly at rest stops short of the goal.

    I could always ditch it and just find another bike but then that ugly Trade-off scenario pops back up and for me, the NC is just too well rounded in so many other categories to let her go.
    Last edited by Red Rider; 9th July 2019 at 08:16.


    I’m supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Bike: Honda NC750X
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Rollingstone, Mn
    Posts
    3
    With you experience in this forum has anyone tried to adjust/modify the location of pegs and or bars? These are great insight! Every person is different and bike is different. i wonder if a riser on the bars would be enough to cure this issue?

  10. #30
    Senior Member Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x
    Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x
    Red Rider's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by grpuetz View Post
    With you experience in this forum has anyone tried to adjust/modify the location of pegs and or bars? These are great insight! Every person is different and bike is different. i wonder if a riser on the bars would be enough to cure this issue?
    I have added risers to mine and also modified the seat slightly. Both changes helped a lot. Also use a gel-pad/Airhawk combo and now have highway pegs. That’s about all I’m willing to spend on adjusting that “triangle“. It’s tolerable now and I don’t hesitate to go long on trips. But as you say, we’re all different and ya just have to dial it in as best you can to suit you.


    I’m supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th December 2014, 12:44
  2. Just ordered an NC750X
    By Tim Clynes in forum Main Lobby / New Member Section
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 5th December 2014, 11:34
  3. Corbin seat
    By Rocker66 in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 19th November 2014, 14:16
  4. NC750X Adventure ordered.
    By Bert in forum NC750 General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15th August 2014, 16:23
  5. Corbin seat
    By frozenpoet in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 6th July 2013, 10:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •