Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Action Cams, Innovv K2 cams, etc ...what is the current, best long distance option

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by afan View Post
    Ok people, correct me if I'm wrong...

Action cam and Dash cam are kinda two different things.

I hope I didn't miss the topic?
    My title allowed for either type of camera to be used but the post pretty clearly stated my intended use, which is as a recording device that is auto on/off, and functioning like a Dashcam. Clearly there are people who use Action Cams as Dash Cams, and some Action Cams come with features that make them reasonably good choices for Dashcam use.

Bike: NC700X, victory92C
    I was actually thinking of putting the unit in the frunk. Being in AZ, my concern is more about the bike sitting outside in the summer heat while Im at work than about the rain. They assured me that they use them (in Texas) in the heat with no issues, but still kind of leery. Id be interested in a review of whatever you decide to get.

Quote Originally Posted by throttlegirl View Post
    I was actually thinking of putting the unit in the frunk...
    Trying to avoid that space as the compact DVR might be just large enough to keep a helmet from fitting in the Frunk.

But honestly not sure, given your Arizona heat issue, if the frunk would be a better choice? There is no airflow in the frunk. Not that there is much under the rear seat, but that might actually be a slightly cooler spot? You may want to put a digital thermometer in each space, ride and then park the bike. Check the temps in both areas right after the ride; then check the temps after it sits in the sun for an hour? Just a thought?

Bike: '13 NC700X, '09 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
    I have the Innovv C3 on my NC used as a dash cam, had for about 4 years now, still working great although I hardly ever check it to see what I recorded. Here's a thread on the C3 from 2015 my posts are near the end. Innovv C3 mounting
    I'm not smart enough for a smart phone, so all I have is a dumb phone.
    GPS? Why would I want one of them? You can't get lost, there's no fun in that.

Senior Member Action Cams, Innovv K2 cams, etc ...what is the current, best long distance option davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    I 2015 I went the cheap route; I wanted to record (mainly for insurance purposes) but also to post on youtube if I got some good scenery.
    I bought this from Amazon (currently not available, but there are many like it): GeekPro 2.0'' Touch Screen 5MP HD 720P Waterproof Camera 8G TF Card 140 Wide-Angle Sports Action DV Bike Helmet Camcorder Touchable

Sample video after 2 years of use-KSL 2017:
    YouTube

I have it mounted on my left handlebar next to the mirror stalk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think I'd really like the INNOVV K2 but I also think I'd really like some sort of button to save short video clips. The "SOS" button option would give me the ability to save video clips of our trips and run rides (so I'd have some of the functionality of an Action cam) but still allow the Dashcam functionality of over-writing other video that is nothing more than repetitive riding.

I do know that whatever unit I buy, it will be a waterproof unit.

So I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

If Innovv had a 'SOS' button it would be easy to buy that unit. > INNOVV K2 WiFi 2 Channel Full HD Remote Lens Motorcycle Camera System

If the Blueskysea upgraded unit was available it would be easy to buy > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...32KBQJI9&psc=1

If the HaloCam was waterproof it would be an easy choice to pick this one > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UGKS46N6&psc=1
    Last edited by melensdad; 1st May 2019 at 14:13.

Well it looks like the upgraded Blueskysea DV688 will be back in stock soon.

Amazon is again taking orders for it, and providing a shipping date >>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...32KBQJI9&psc=1

I would order it today except for one thing happened.

I have been offered a different unit from another brand, as a Beta tester. I don't have the details yet, put I'm a member at the Dashcam Talk Forums and the manufacturer contacted me. He said their new unit, which is due to be released in the next 60 days, will have all of my desired features. Waterproof DVR. Dual 1080/30fps cameras. SOS button. G Shock. The manufacturer (VIOFO) makes some of the highest rated automobile dash cams on the Dashcam Talk page so I'm hopeful they can deliver a high quality motorcycle dash cam. My plan is to wait to hear from them, I'm not in a rush to mount the system. If there are production delays that drag on, I can always look at the Blueskysea DV688 or the INNOVV K2 systems again.

Bike: NC700X, victory92C
    Melensdad - I found the forum you are on and also volunteered to test their product. Hope I get selected also, would love to try something new and give an honest review. In the meantime, will keep doing research before spending my hard earned $

Quote Originally Posted by throttlegirl View Post
    Melensdad - I found the forum you are on and also volunteered to test their product. Hope I get selected also, would love to try something new and give an honest review. In the meantime, will keep doing research before spending my hard earned $
    If they pick you they will contact you.

They contacted me via PM.

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    We bought the VIOFO A119 for both or car and truck. Both failed. Mine failed quick enough that Amazon replaced it. My wife's failed months later and there was no response from support. The reseller did apologize and send her a replacement while mentioning they were not going to sell VIOFO anymore due to this issue. Both replacements died. So a total of 4 dashcams which lasted less than a year from the date of original purchase.

I'm considering the Blueseasky DV688 but I haven't purchased it yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk