Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dale's Rack questions for those of you who have them

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT

Question Dale's Rack questions for those of you who have them

I tend to ride with my butt planted firmly on the back part of the seat. That means my rear end is in contact with, and pressed against, the front portion of the rear seat.

Saving up my couch and pocket change to purchase a Dale's Rack ... but I'm curious about how the comfort.

As I sit in contact with the rear seat and as that will now be in contact the downturned metal lip of the Dale's Rack, will my delicate derrière notice that it is pressed against bent metal or has the discomfort of the NCx seat so corrupted my heinie nerves that it won't even notice being pushed up to hard metal.

What say the Dale's Rack users amongst us?

Super Moderator Dale's Rack questions for those of you who have them 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Your arms are apparently longer than mine, as I’ve never sat with my butt against Dale’s rack, except maybe for an occasional stretch. In times when I did contact the rack, there was no discomfort.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Senior Member Dale's Rack questions for those of you who have themDale's Rack questions for those of you who have them
    Bike: NC700XD; Piaggio BV250ie
    Same for me. I have Dale's rack and have not any seating problem with it. I do have the Shad seat and modified the slope by elevating the front.

Bike: 750 XD, FLHTC, Can Am RT
    I don't have the rack, and I sit my NC just like you do. Will follow this thread as I want one. But I'm thinking of taking a cold winter ride today. The thought of a frozen aluminum plate stuck to my rear brings to mind a insulated pad that is velcroed to the plate in the cold. (Patent pending)

Senior Member Dale's Rack questions for those of you who have them GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    I’ve got a Sargeant seat and Dales rack, and I too will sit far back on the drivers seat, especially when I’ve got my feet on my highway pegs. No discomfort at all. It doesn’t feel like a metal part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy da vig View Post
    I don't have the rack, and I sit my NC just like you do. Will follow this thread as I want one. But I'm thinking of taking a cold winter ride today. The thought of a frozen aluminum plate stuck to my rear brings to mind a insulated pad that is velcroed to the plate in the cold. (Patent pending)
    Perhaps you should wear pants when you ride?

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Stock seat, Dale's rack, 6'1" long arms. I sit similar to you and have no issues. Don't even realize it but I'm up against the aluminum often.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    This is good, as I am getting one this week. But I need the ability to strap down to the seat I never use more than anything else. I guess one could always throw some padding on that part.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Commuter Extraordinaire Dale's Rack questions for those of you who have them
    Dale's Rack questions for those of you who have them
    Bike: NC700X
    I'm right there with everyone else. On occasion, I intentionally slide myself way back in the seat and cannot tell I'm up against a metal plate. Also, that portion of the rack is bent as a downward angle so it is almost like a butt stop.

Really thinking I'm going to be accelerating my savings for a Dale's Rack by shaking the loose change out of the coats of holiday visitor who stop by the house.

It sounds like there is no discomfort for the rider who may be a bit taller and sits a bit farther back. The Dale's Rack would solve several issues for me and I never ride 2 up so it really doesn't pose any real downside other than leaving the gas cap exposed.

Might have to look for a locking gas cap?