Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bike Model Name........

  1. #1
    Member
    Bike: 2018 NC750x DCT.....
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    87

    Bike Model Name........

    Folks,

    Sorry to be starting sooo many threads but I'm old and slow.

    When I went looking for parts on Ron Ayers it seems that our bikes seem to have several model numbers.


    I found the following........

    NC 750x
    NC 750x AC
    NC 750xD A
    NC 750xD AC




    Mine is the 2018 NC 750x DCT so what do I really have?



    Slo_Rider

  2. #2
    Senior Member melensdad's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland (NW Indiana) USA
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Rider View Post
    Mine is the 2018 NC 750x DCT so what do I really have?



    Slo_Rider
    I also own a 2018 NC 750x DCT but I'm under the impression it is also referred to as an NC750xd

    No clue what the designation is from various suppliers, etc.

    NC750x being the model and the 'd' added for the 'trim' level, which in our case is the DCT version

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bike Model Name........ SilverRocket's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XDLG
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    West Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    247
    Often, the same bike that gets just a few, small changes in a model year will get a new letter designation. At least that was the case when I owned a Kawasaki Ninja 650.
    Best bet to see which box to check is to find your owner's manual. Let's see...

    Nope! Mine shows not only the manual and DCT versions of the 700, but also the 750!

    From what I can tell in the 2016 the manual is NC700X and the DCT automatic is NC700XD
    So your bike is an NC750XD. Since there are few differences between manual and DCT bikes it shouldn't make much of a difference.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Wildfire's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700XA
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    207
    There are a couple different model designators. For the purpose of parts lists yours is probably a NC700XD A which is identical to a NC750XD AC except the emissions systems.

    The AC bikes are California spec, the A bikes are USA spec.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Bike: 750 XD, FLHTC, Can Am RT
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    124
    And here I never thought of my bike as anything but a '18 NC750XD. That's as many letters and numbers as my Harley. I surely don't want it confused with a left coast bike.

  6. #6
    Member
    Bike: 2018 NC750x DCT.....
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    87

    Bike Model Name.....

    Thanks folks,

    As it turns out, I am looking for a sidestand I can shorten, and all the model numbers are the same but I really appreciate the information.

    Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend, and if you can't ride, you can at least watch F-1 tomorrow.



    Slo_Rider

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Bike: 2018 NC 750 XD
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Rider View Post
    Thanks folks,

    As it turns out, I am looking for a sidestand I can shorten, and all the model numbers are the same but I really appreciate the information.

    Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend, and if you can't ride, you can at least watch F-1 tomorrow.



    Slo_Rider
    from what I understand the 750S sidestand will fit the 750X and it is a little shorter, you can find ones on ebay made in china for a fraction of the cost of a honda one. lots of guys lower there 750x and use these sidestands from what ive seen on FB groups

  8. #8
    Member
    Bike: 2018 NC750x DCT.....
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletw View Post
    from what I understand the 750S sidestand will fit the 750X and it is a little shorter, you can find ones on ebay made in china for a fraction of the cost of a honda one. lots of guys lower there 750x and use these sidestands from what ive seen on FB groups


    bulletw,

    Much better idea than buying one and then cutting it a bit, even if it were a bit more expensive.

    Thanks for reminding me of that.....



    Slo_Rider

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Bike: 2018 NC 750 XD
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Rider View Post
    bulletw,

    Much better idea than buying one and then cutting it a bit, even if it were a bit more expensive.

    Thanks for reminding me of that.....



    Slo_Rider
    i was sent this lnk but have not ordered one as of yet KIJIMA : Short Side Stand for 30mm Lowdown [213-037]

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 model or used 2014 model??
    By Burns in forum NC750 General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 14th February 2016, 16:05
  2. Valve Adjustment Interval - 2012/13 Model Versus 2014/15 Model
    By AnacortesArmyGuy in forum NC700 Technical
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 29th November 2015, 07:57
  3. 2016---NEWS, Fact or Fiction Bike model upgrades
    By pismocycleguy in forum NC700 News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12th November 2015, 08:19
  4. Anybody seen or know with this model is
    By Cody in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 19th May 2014, 19:54
  5. ABS by model
    By bduffey in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30th December 2013, 16:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •