Thread: SkeneDesign Photon Blasters/P3 on 2015 NC750XA

Bike: 2015 NC750XA (ABS, non-DCT)

SkeneDesign Photon Blasters/P3 on 2015 NC750XA

So, I spent my week-end installing the SkeneDesign Photon Blasters (front) and P3 (rear) on Asteria (my NC). Took me much longer than I thought for the following reasons:
    • It was the first time I removed most of the left fairings
    • I didn't have the accessory harness and relay set
    • I looked into the Service Manual - glad I bought that!! - for all the possibilities I could wire the kits to, and the color of the respective wires
    • Even with the manual, I initially wired wrong: to the permanent brake/turn signal lines instead of the one that is used when braking/turning - doh!
    • I drew a wire from the horn to the back of the bike to wire the +12 switch of the P3 kit, to realize later I could have used the permanent light from the tail light - doh, again...

So if you plan to install these this is my take:
    • Get the accessory kit or at least the relay, so that you can use the Option A and/or Option B connectors
    • If you don't want to do that, just get the +12 (switched) from either the left turn signal's permanent light (orange wire, from memory) for the front controller, or from the tail light's permanent connection. The ktis use at the most 0.35A - according to the manual - so that should work perfectly
    • Be certain your battery is fully charged before starting so you can test your wirings - mine was partially drawn (drawn by my GPS tracker) and at some point I had to use a jump start

Anyways, here is a short video, showing the result:

To conclude, totally worth the investment, just wondering if the police will like the conspicuity mode and brake flashing pattern...
    Last edited by peergum; 18th September 2016 at 21:18. Reason: wrong list code
    Building the future of couchsurfing, tent-space and hosting for bikers in general.
    *** PM me for details or visit https://sphyn.com

Bike: 2015 NC750XA (ABS, non-DCT)
    Just a quick add. After more than 12000 miles later, mostly in the states, I can say that the Police has no issue at all with these lights. Not been stopped once. And I'm certainly it kept people at a reasonable distance from the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Building the future of couchsurfing, tent-space and hosting for bikers in general.
    *** PM me for details or visit https://sphyn.com

Bike: NC700X
    Thanks for the followup. The lights do look good. Electrical problems a number of months after an install have always been a problem for me.
    Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!