Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative comments from others about DCT

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post

In regards to automation allowing the driver to focus on the drive, why donít we integrate the brakes into one control instead of two? Why donít we add two more wheels for stability and traction? Oh, wait, that sounds like an automobile. My point is, I like the complexity of manual shift motorcycles.
    I feel that way often when certain topics tend to be overanalyzed. I get it, its why we are here, to discuss stuff in our free time, but if some stuff is THAT much of a worry, just get a car - problem solved. Lol

As for CVT, I like gear selection to be an option. Just not a huge fan of CVT in general. Although I never had an issue out of it in the Polaris Ranger I had and beat the crap out of. My mom's 2015 Jeep Patriot also has CVT trans in it. Might start seeing that in more vehicles as time goes by. Not sure of the reliability record of the ones in the Jeeps yet, hers doesn't have many miles on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: NC750x DCT
    Hey Forty Two,

For whatever it's worth, here's the take from a guy who has bought bikes because I liked the looks and bikes because I thought the functionality was superior to other offerings. I've made my share of mistakes.

IMO, the best looking bike I ever owned was a Harley Road King Classic. Metallic black with white walls, leather side bags and a fair bit of chrome. Man oh man, that bike was a looker. But it didn't fit me well. Not at all, actually.

I owned it at the same time I had a KLR650. A seriously ugly bike. Low HP, only a 5 speed, and questionable brakes. But that bike was the one that introduced me to adventure motorcycles, off road go anywhere traveling, and a totally different mindset when it came to why the heck I even ride these things. It was only purely functional. But really really functional. I loved that bike.

I've had a couple scooters with CVTs and they were a blast. But they weren't motorcycles and certainly not motorcycles with a DCT (though no one was suggesting that). I'm not arguing against trying them for sure. That's great advice. Big fun.

But, like I said, they aren't motorcycles. if you want to be a motorcycle gal, buy a motorcycle. I think your thought process about what and why to buy is absolutely correct. Keep reading the forum. These folks are on your side. Be patient and get what feels right. You'll get there.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide on.
    Last edited by SteveADV; 30th September 2019 at 17:40.

Bike: NC750XAD
    Forty Two buy the DCT if you think it is the right bike for you.
    No one knows what bike is the right one for you, better than you.
    Be true to yourself.

Senior Member Negative comments from others about DCTNegative comments from others about DCT
    Bike: NC700XD; Piaggio BV250ie
    I would recommend the DCT for you. I have one and have had no problems with the DCT. I have ridden as much as 700 miles in one day with no problem (well....I did upgrade to a SHAD seat and fixed the slope). In the mountains, I generally ride in Sport mode and using the paddle sifters, go up or down as I feel is need for the corners. I have ridden in manual mode, but find that the sport mode with manual shifting suites me. And +1 on the Africa Twin and new Goldwing, both are available in DCT and have gotten very good reviews.

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    I've had my 700XDCT for almost 5 years. Just purchased a Royal Enfield Himalayan to go with my NC. Been riding the Himma around the neighborhood to break it in. Took a long ride Saturday on the NC....I really appreciate the DCT. I think the places where DCT is not better than manual can be counted on one hand...maybe with only a couple of fingers. I purchased the Himma because I wanted a second bike that was smaller and lighter. If they had one with DCT, I would've gotten it.
    Dance as if no one is watching.

Super Moderator Negative comments from others about DCT 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Good comments from all, but the OP appears to have left the conversation 2 1/2 weeks ago.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    Good comments from all, but the OP appears to have left the conversation 2 1/2 weeks ago.
    Yup, I noticed the same thing when I saw she had stopped replying.

I hope she finds whatever she is looking for and enjoys it

Bike: Honda CBR300R
    Thank you everyone. I did not leave and I have read every post. I really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions. I appologize for not replying more. It was due to external circumstances.

Bike: Honda CBR300R
    I have decided to get the NC750x DCT and will do so as soon as it is realistically possible.

Super Moderator Negative comments from others about DCT 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Forty Two View Post
    I have decided to get the NC750x DCT and will do so as soon as it is realistically possible.
    That’s nice to hear. Good luck, and come back to tell us how it works out for you!
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250