Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative comments from others about DCT

Bike: 700x
    Quote Originally Posted by Forty Two View Post

.you read a few paragraphs and yet you think you know everything about my friends, family (it is mostly family causing the problems), or my life situation.
    tell us more
    Last edited by kalifornia; 17th September 2019 at 12:42.

Bike: 2018 NC750X DCT
    42, here's the deal.

Everyone that buys a motorcycle does a certain amount of analysis to determine what would be best for them. Sport bike, cruiser, ADV, etc. You've done the same here and like the NC. The DCT is part of that analysis.

If shifting annoys you and ruins your experience, why, for the love of Pete, would you possibly consider buying a manual shift? Because your friends don't think a DCT is cool? When did their opinions become more important to you than your own? I mean, seriously. Have enough confidence in yourself to look them in the eye when you tell them you love the DCT, you're an adult and made your own decision. If they still disagree, I doubt any of them will offer to pay for a bike for you that they approve of, but ask them to. My brother is one of those 200,000 mile plus riders and he jokingly gave me a bit of crap for buying an automatic, but it stopped as soon as it became obvious I didn't even slightly care about what he thought. I made my own decision and was happy with it.

FWIW, my first bike was a 2015 Kawasaki Versys. Great bike, but like you, I didn't really enjoy shifting (grew to hate it, actually, I have pain in my hands, plus it seemed like a constant chore) and determined the NC750X with the DCT would be just about perfect for me. Guess what? IT IS!! At this point I can't imagine a scenario where I would own a manual shift. I like it that much. I don't think about "managing" the bike, I just ride. For me, it's liberating. When I bought it, I pulled over and emailed the salesman before I was halfway home and told him I was already absolutely thrilled with it. It's not as quick as my Versys, but that doesn't matter when the Versys spent more time in the garage. I ride the NC a whole lot more. That's why you're buying a bike.

As others have already said, unless you point it out, most people will not even notice. So, stop giving a rats butt about what your friends think. I'm sure they'll still let you ride with them, and I'm willing to bet some of them will change their minds if you let them take it for a spin. Go buy the DCT, you won't look back.

Bike: 14 NC700X
    Other riders are going to “look down” at you for having a Honda nc regardless of it being a dct or manual.

Once you accept that fact and realize their opinion doesn’t matter, your decision becomes a lot easier in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Vendor Negative comments from others about DCT
    Negative comments from others about DCT
    Bike: tracer 900
    they all called the honda deauville the most boring bike in fact its even called the Dullvill.
    production span for 15 years doesnt that tell you something?
    the NC in my opinion is a brilliant bike for old and the young.
    I don't believe anyone can ride bike at the maximum on the road.
    most are all straight line racers.
    anyway riding a bike isn't all about speed its enjoyment ,relax riding which is the NC is all about.
    I currently ride a tracer 900 but at some point I will return back to the NC.
    don't take any notice of these naysayers.
    its your money,your life and you only get one shot at it so make the most of it.
    If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
    working with the mentally retarded I would
    have of been an MP.

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    Coming in late, but this is one of my pet peeves... This thread falls into the "what's the best" category of questions. There isnt one. Go find one to ride and make your own educated decision based on your own practical knowledge. If you cant find one, find videos on youtube of riders (not journalists) who own one and watch it.

If none of your friends/family have ever ridden a DCT equipped motorcycle - their opinions are to be thrown out completely. They have no practical knowledge or experience. An opinion isnt gospel. And they are not all good.

Bottom line in all of this, the only opinion that matters is the one who pays the money. Go make your own mind up and forget about uneducated and stupid opinions.

I bought mine (2014 DCT) at the beginning of 2015 and have put more than 30k miles on it since. I love it, and my next bike (if ever that happens) will be a DCT as well (provided it comes with a DCT).
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Bike: 2015 NC700X
    Forty Two - Buy a clutch lever, attach it to your DCT bike, and fake shift around those that are judging you.

And now you are being judged because of talking about your concerns of being judged!

I hope you do get the DCT but I won't judge you either way. Peace

Bike: Honda CBR300R
    I went back last night and told some of the opinionated people exactly what you guys said. My decision, my bike, my money. If I make a mistake and it turns out not to be the bike for me then it is my mistake to make and the consequences are mine to deal with. I will hear out their opinions but I will make my own choice. I know that the bike I am riding now, as much as it is a great starter bike, it is not for me in the long-term.

I put on the "mom voice" and posture that tells everyone that I mean business. I have had grown men shudder when they see it :-)

Now I am just waiting to see what the 2020 has to offer before I buy either the 2020 or an earlier one.

Senior Member Negative comments from others about DCT
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    If it were me; and the “my life, my money, my decision, to get my bike” went sour, yeah, I’d kick myself. Lightly.

But I’d feel a whole lot worse if I took the “my life, my money, but let someone else make my decision for me” approach and get “their” bike...and then have it go sour.

Hope your story has a happy ending! Remember, it’s YOUR story to write.

I’m supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    Congratulations forty two; For just having the discussion I'd call that a win.

Supporting Vendor Negative comments from others about DCT
    Bike: tracer 900
    42 buy a good used one.new ones aren't worth it imo and I've had 5 of them.
    I don't know what the tax are like in the usa but here its nearly aŁ1000.
    so as soon as you take out the shop its gone plus what ever you lose from the dealer should you not like the bike.
    If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
    working with the mentally retarded I would
    have of been an MP.