Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: NC750x vs NC750s

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Bike: Honda CBR300R
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20

    NC750x vs NC750s

    I am wondering what the differences are between the 750x and 750s. I have Googled and searched this forum but cannot find a clear answer.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator NC750x vs NC750s 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Forty Two View Post
    I am wondering what the differences are between the 750x and 750s. I have Googled and searched this forum but cannot find a clear answer.
    The S is styled more like a naked street bike, while the X is styled more like an adventure bike. We have S owners on here that can give more details than I could, but compared to the X, the S:

    Sits a little lower. Centerstand and side stand are shorter.
    Same engine and similar frame, but different plastic bodywork.
    Windscreen and headlight are fork mounted instead of frame mounted.

    NC750S
    NC750x vs NC750s-dd36c9fa-a59e-4510-b90c-3e62fd3c231c-jpg

    NC750X
    NC750x vs NC750s-c13035d4-231c-4b47-894e-a9aab8844b38-jpg
    Last edited by 670cc; 9th September 2019 at 19:19.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

    NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

  3. #3
    Senior Member NC750x vs NC750s
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Posts
    979
    The "S" is no longer made for Canada. No lowering if your a wee fella *raises hand*

  4. #4
    Senior Member melensdad's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland (NW Indiana) USA
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by potter0o View Post
    The "S" is no longer made for Canada. No lowering if your a wee fella *raises hand*
    That is probably why short in the leg men and wimin folk are all buying the SOUPY'S lowering kits.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Bike: Honda CBR300R
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by potter0o View Post
    The "S" is no longer made for Canada. No lowering if your a wee fella *raises hand*
    I am 5'10" so no issues here. I do worry about the weight, though. I am not a fella, so even though I am tall I am not very strong.

  6. #6
    Senior Member melensdad's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland (NW Indiana) USA
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Forty Two View Post
    I am 5'10" so no issues here. I do worry about the weight, though. I am not a fella, so even though I am tall I am not very strong.
    Because of the way the engine is mounted, with the cylinders nearly parallel to the ground, and because the fuel tank is under the seat of the bike, the weight is actually carried very low. (low center of gravity). My wife rides a lowered 2016 NC700x.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Bike: Honda CBR300R
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    Because of the way the engine is mounted, with the cylinders nearly parallel to the ground, and because the fuel tank is under the seat of the bike, the weight is actually carried very low. (low center of gravity). My wife rides a lowered 2016 NC700x.
    That is good to know. I do find some bikes very top heavy. I doubt though, if I dropped it I could lift the 750x. Hopefully someone would help me or that is what CAA (AAA) is for. During lessons I...ahem...dropped one of their student bikes and could not lift it back up.

  8. #8
    Senior Member melensdad's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland (NW Indiana) USA
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Forty Two View Post
    That is good to know. I do find some bikes very top heavy. I doubt though, if I dropped it I could lift the 750x. Hopefully someone would help me or that is what CAA (AAA) is for. During lessons I...ahem...dropped one of their student bikes and could not lift it back up.
    My wife has a couple bad disks in her back, she has a very hard time lifting it.

    But there is a technique to it that makes it much easier.

    Video here => YouTube

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Bike: Honda CBR300R
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    My wife has a couple bad disks in her back, she has a very hard time lifting it.

    But there is a technique to it that makes it much easier.

    Video here => YouTube
    Thank you. I can relate to the bad disks.

  10. #10
    Senior Member NC750x vs NC750s dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North FL USA
    Posts
    3,925
    Lifting a motorcycle is a learned technique and like the video illustrated it’s done using the legs. I’m probably lighter than the woman in the video FWIW and have lower back problems. My ST is 730 lbs. and I’ve righted it by myself several times. As pointed out earlier the NC has a very low center of gravity and “feels” much lighter than it’s actual 500 lbs.
    Dave

    GL1800
    NC700XD




Similar Threads

  1. Recommended Kickstand for Lowered NC700/750S?
    By Chinook in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14th August 2017, 17:02
  2. 750S versus 750X
    By Tiny Tim in forum NC750 General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th May 2017, 19:02
  3. new 750s black
    By johnakay in forum NC700 Videos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th December 2015, 22:23
  4. new NC 750s
    By johnakay in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 1st December 2015, 04:03
  5. NC750X for the USA?
    By Del Mar in forum NC750 General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6th December 2014, 09:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •