Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help

Senior Member I need help SilverRocket's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XDLG
    There is a difference between the keys of American Gen 1 NC700's and Gen 2's. The Gen 2's (2016+) use a "laser cut" key.

Super Moderator I need help 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    I’m usually skeptical of a first post by a new forum member that is a request for assistance in solving a problem with the anti theft system of the motorcycle. Said poster is often never heard from again, as in this case with an ongoing 7 day absence. Further, this poster stated a location of “Boston”, which could be anywhere in the world, but mentioned a purchase valued in dollars for a Honda security system not used in the USA. Other countries use dollars, but still, we’re left to wonder whether or not this is even an honest, legitimate call for help.

Andrynenii82, are you still there?
    Last edited by 670cc; 21st August 2019 at 04:26.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: Honda NC750X DCT
    My 2019 NC750X came with 2 x keys when I bought the bike new in Northern Thailand, I had another key cut here locally and although it opens the frunk and turns the ignition on it will not allow the bike to start, I presume the factory key has a chip inside, and yes it does have the Honda Security System.

Thats ok though as I intend to leave the spare key in the frunk and the key I had cut I will secure under the bike somewhere so if/when I lose the keys I can use the spare