Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Buying NC750X DCT

Bike: VFR800A, hopefully NC750X soon

Buying NC750X DCT

I'm looking to buy an NC750X DCT in the US. According to the Honda website. All DCT versions have ABS and all manual versions do not. What I'm seeing listed on cycletrader by dealers is something entirely different. Honda website also lists the only color option as red for 2018, which is my preferred color. Can anyone confirm that models advertised for 2018 DCT will all have ABS as well?

I currently ride a VFR and these look so much more comfortable. I'm hoping to do maybe 90% road, 10% offroad . . . which the VFR doesn't handle so well. Seems like the NC is a great bike for that.

'njoy,
    awk

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    That is the model I wanted before I bought mine and couldn't find a dealer with a brand new one leftover. But yes, the DCT will have ABS and it will only come in red/silver for 2018, and blue/silver for 2019.

Is your VFR DCT? If you never driven a DCT model, it is one of the coolest things I've ever had on a motorcycle! Exceeded my expectations. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: VFR800A, hopefully NC750X soon
    It isn't. My VFR800A is a 2007, before they started doing the DCT versions. Thanks for the info. I've had two Porsche' cars with the DCT(PDK), but never a bike. Really looking forward to not having a clutch lever in Atlanta stop and go traffic.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by awksedgreep View Post
    It isn't. My VFR800A is a 2007, before they started doing the DCT versions. Thanks for the info. I've had two Porsche' cars with the DCT(PDK), but never a bike. Really looking forward to not having a clutch lever in Atlanta stop and go traffic.
    Ah, yeah it is an option on the newer VFR models. If I ever get ready for more power and a bigger bike, the VFR1200X is on my list as next bike. But I will probably hang onto my NC700X because of how little I have in it and just how easy to ride it is. I read where people said that a lot about it, but didn't get it til I got one. Man, it's just so quick to grab my jacket and gloves out of the frunk, strap on helmet and go, no worries about shifting. D mode sucks, S mode is great. And the best part is while in either auto mode, you can override it via the shift triggers to suit your immediate need to speed up or shift up/ down for whatever reason.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Gotta love the DCT!!! Mine is a manual and it is so enjoyable to ride, i'd only part with it to get a DCT. ENJOY!! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!