Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying NC750X DCT

Bike: '18 NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRocket View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding any leftover red 2018 DCTs, and I called several places in California that don't even have the 2019's and are waiting for the 2020's.
    I think Honda has strong demand for the DCT in Southern Calif.
    A month ago I found my new 2018 through CycleTrader. Worked great for me because I saved $1K by traveling to Arizona.

Seems to be quite a few in California: https://www.cycletrader.com/New-2018...001&radius=400

Edit: And you're right about the DCT, only one of those listed and it's in Utah.
    Last edited by Randy99CL; 6th July 2019 at 16:31.

Super Moderator Buying NC750X DCT 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99CL View Post
    A month ago I found my new 2018 through CycleTrader. Worked great for me because I saved $1K by traveling to Arizona.

Seems to be quite a few in California: https://www.cycletrader.com/New-2018...001&radius=400
    Cycletrader is a place to start, but . . The trouble with cycletrader is that some of these dealers won't actually have the unit when you contact them to ask about it. Beware of listings that have stock photos, not pictures of the actual machine. Expect many errors in the listings, especially in this case of whether it's a DCT or manual. Expect shady tactics when it comes to pricing.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    Cycletrader is a place to start, but . . The trouble with cycletrader is that some of these dealers won't actually have the unit when you contact them to ask about it. Beware of listings that have stock photos, not pictures of the actual machine. Expect many errors in the listings, especially in this case of whether it's a DCT or manual. Expect shady tactics when it comes to pricing.
    I understand what you're saying but it worked great for me. Through CycleTrader I emailed a few dealers and called to talk with the couple that responded. Went with the one that had the best price and the best attitude and everything went perfectly.
    I called and talked with them a half-dozen times before I picked up the bike and they answered every question I had. They sent a worker to pick me up at the airport at no charge. The bike was perfect and ready to go. The price was exact with no ups or bumps. They gave me a great price on the helmet and couple of accessories I needed for the ride home.
    All in all, RideNow in Tuscon gets 5 stars.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99CL View Post
    I understand what you're saying but it worked great for me. Through CycleTrader I emailed a few dealers and called to talk with the couple that responded. Went with the one that had the best price and the best attitude and everything went perfectly.
    I called and talked with them a half-dozen times before I picked up the bike and they answered every question I had. They sent a worker to pick me up at the airport at no charge. The bike was perfect and ready to go. The price was exact with no ups or bumps. They gave me a great price on the helmet and couple of accessories I needed for the ride home.
    All in all, RideNow in Tuscon gets 5 stars.
    That's a solid dealer experience. It's a shame all of them aren't like that. I know they have to deal with a lot of tire kickers, but they also dont realize how many potential buyers they run off being shady or acting like everyone they talk to is a tire kicker. I can't stand calling in to talk about purchasing something with the cash on hand and being treated like a window shopping tire kicker. I'd drive a couple more hours and even pay a few more dollars to do business with a more customer service oriented dealer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    I shopped Cycle Trader and found a used 2016 NC700x with 4 miles on it about 200 miles from home at a good price. Contacted the dealer and had great communications. Drove down a couple days later and loaded it into the back of my pick-up after getting an even better price in person, plus got a First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket at 1/2 price and a set of Givi V35 side cases and Givi rack at a good price. It was a great experience.

Then I shopped Cycle Trader again when looking for my bike. Looking for a new/used Africa Twin with DCT. Found a bunch on Cycle Trader. For the most part the ads were scam ads, dealers advertising what was not in stock. Local dealer is a small dealer, he had one in stock. It was my dream bike. Nearly a year later it still sits on his floor and I still drool over it. But he also had a new NC750x DCT, which is what I ended up buying late October or early November of last year. No regrets, in fact I bought the right bike for me and am happy. The AT would have required more mods, and seat lowering, and I really just had bike envy for no logical reason. The NC750x DCT has become my favorite bike and I'm loving it.

So I have seriously mixed reviews of Cycle Trader. Mostly I think there a tons of 'stock ads' for bikes that don't actually exist in inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    That's a solid dealer experience. It's a shame all of them aren't like that. I know they have to deal with a lot of tire kickers, but they also dont realize how many potential buyers they run off being shady or acting like everyone they talk to is a tire kicker. I can't stand calling in to talk about purchasing something with the cash on hand and being treated like a window shopping tire kicker. I'd drive a couple more hours and even pay a few more dollars to do business with a more customer service oriented dealer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Attitude is everything!
    A local dealer had a NOS 2018 in stock on CycleTrader and that first got me interested in the bike. They priced it at $1K off list but dealers in Arizona and Colorado were asking around $1K less than that. I called local and they still had it in stock but was a demo with around 100 miles.
    In negotiating a better price I told the dealer I could get it for $1K less out of state...and the jerk got ticked and told me to "go buy it there!" That was the end of that conversation.
    I called back later, talked with someone else and he came down $100 and acted like it was killing him.
    I thought about it for a couple of days and decided I'd buy the local bike and called them on Tuesday to reserve it. Saturday was the 1st of the month and the different jerk on the phone said OK but I have to pick it up Friday! I asked him why and he said the "dealer incentives change on the first". I told him that I'm living on SS and a VA pension and my money is deposited at 12:01AM on the first, I could pick it up Saturday. He wouldn't back down so I told him I'd let him know...but didn't.

From my first talk with the people at RideNow in Tuscon it was obvious they wanted my business and wanted to make me happy. They gave me whatever time and info I needed and couldn't have been better. They had sold bikes to others from New Mexico and knew the paperwork and the process was fast and seamless.
    With a $200 plane ticket I still saved $800 buying from RideNow and got a brand new bike with less than 5 miles for $7415 OTD.
    My first post here talked more about the experience: New member welcome thread..
    Last edited by Randy99CL; 7th July 2019 at 15:42.