Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's A Dirty Cover Up......

Bike: 2018 NC750x DCT.....

It's A Dirty Cover Up......

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    That’s exactly what I ended up doing with my wonderful wife. Bingo. Took two minutes.

Guys,

Always wondered if I should have gotten married back when I was quite the stud............

Slo_Rider
    Last edited by Slo_Rider; 8th February 2019 at 21:06.

Bike: NC700XD

Cover recommendation and advice on install

Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Rider View Post
    Good morning folks,

Yesterday, after I spent two hours trying to install my centerstand using several of the '5 minute' methods I got frustrated and knew I needed to take a break. Maybe I have some 'special' springs from 'Mother Honda' or just a weak ratchet strap but it just didn't work.

When I tried to put my cover back on the bike it just fell apart. There had been a few little cracks but as I tried to pull it into place the whole thing just disintegrated. It was supposed to be rated for outdoor use since the bike sits out behind my apartment but maybe 'Nelson Rigg' and I have a different definition of outdoor use.

Bottom line, after lunch I have to fight the center stand springs again and order another cover.

Does anybody have a recommendation of a brand and model that will stand up to mother nature?

Slo_Rider
    My bike is kept outside and I use a:
    Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus EZ Zip Motorcycle Cover
    SKU: 258941
    Color: Black
    Size: 2XL
    I purchased the larger cover to accommodate a tall windscreen, handguards, topbox and panniers.
    On the center stand spring install I viewed a Youtube video where the owner used heavy cord tied around the rear tire with a loop for the springs. You roll the bike forward to pull the spring to the rear and flex the line to engage hooks and the stand. This method worked for me with the OEM center stand.

Bike: 2018 NC750x DCT.....

It's A Dirty Cover Up......

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    My bike is kept outside and I use a:
    Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus EZ Zip Motorcycle Cover
    SKU: 258941
    Color: Black
    Size: 2XL
    I purchased the larger cover to accommodate a tall windscreen, handguards, topbox and panniers.
    On the center stand spring install I viewed a Youtube video where the owner used heavy cord tied around the rear tire with a loop for the springs. You roll the bike forward to pull the spring to the rear and flex the line to engage hooks and the stand. This method worked for me with the OEM center stand.

A_B,

Thanks for the response and the YT link. He makes some good points and I will need to order one tonight and will look carefully at the Dowco EZ Zip.......Actually I might go by 'Cycle Gear' today to see that they have in stock.

As for the centerstand springs....I might give it one more try but I am inclined to just take it to the shop and hope they only charge me for a half hour of shop time.

Since I will be by myself I am hesitant to try the rolling method since I could easily dump the bike, and it would probably be against my concrete and brick stoop or the neighbors stoop. Neither would be good for the plastics.

Thanks again,
    Slo_Rider