Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally!!

Bike: Harley Sportster 1200S, Harley XR1200x, Suzuki DRZ 400sm

Finally!!

I am finally getting my NC750X DCT tomorrow. after waiting for a few years. I was researching the 700's for a couple of years, then I heard the 750's were coming, so I waited a little longer.
    Then the 2018's were out, but it took my dealer forever to get one. Now after watching every you-tube video of these bikes (even ones I couldn't understand) I will finally have mine.
    Not many of these things running around here, so I will have an unique machine. Looking forward to picking it up, the temps are supposed to be around 50 degs so it wont be too bad. That's usually my cut off, but I don't think I will be thinking about the temp too much. I'm going to have to make room for this machine. I am kind of at my capacity with three other bikes so it should be interesting to see how I can shoehorn it in.
    Well, I'm gonna stop rambling now. Thanks for listening.

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    Congratulations on your new bike! Iím sure you will enjoy it.
    I too did a lot of research over multiple years and then finally got one. I love mine.

JT

Bike: 750 XD, FLHTC, Can Am RT
    Same here with the research and test rides. While I got mine in August it's turning out to be a terrific winter ride. With heated grips and handguards you never have to take your mitts off the grips and the fingers stay toasty.

I ride in Virginia horse and wine country with very light winter traffic. For the most part I can avoid using the front brake too. I never thought I'd even think that.

I used to live in Virginia, once in Va Beach and I spent about a year in Alexandria. I didn't mind Va Beach but Alexandria you can keep!

Half, that's a bad choice of locations. My hand would never leave the brake. My fingers would be frozen to the lever.

Senior Member Finally!! dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Congratulations! The wait will be worth it.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Got the bike, didn't get to ride very far. Maybe a mile home, dealer took too long with the paperwork (this dealer is lame). Now it's going to rain here for a week!
    Well, without much seat time I can already tell this Honda is going to work out nice for me. I will have to get used to not shifting, but I don't think it will take long.
    First parts ordered: tail tidy and a center stand, but it's just the beginning!

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    The adventure begins!
    Happy you got your bike home. Bummer on the rain.

JT

The not shifting you will fall into in no time. And try to give D mode a real chance before playing with S. I haven't seen S in months. While there are complaints about D short shifting its b/s.

Roll on the gas easy like and you're in 6th. at 42mph. Whack and hold the gas wfo and you don't see 6th. until you're North of 75mph. Works for me. This DCT is amazing. And the shift time is so freakin' short.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy da vig View Post
    The not shifting you will fall into in no time. And try to give D mode a real chance before playing with S. I haven't seen S in months. While there are complaints about D short shifting its b/s.

Roll on the gas easy like and you're in 6th. at 42mph. Whack and hold the gas wfo and you don't see 6th. until you're North of 75mph. Works for me. This DCT is amazing. And the shift time is so freakin' short.

Yeah, i noticed that. At first I couldn't tell it was shifting till I Looked down at the tach! It was a different experience for sure. That's why I bought an NC, i wanted something totally different.