Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Bike.........

Bike: 2018 NC750x DCT.....

Looking for Bike.........

Folks,

My local dealer here in SC says there are no 2018 NC 750 DCT's available.....

Has anyone seen one in their local showroom?

Slo_Rider

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Rider View Post
    Folks,

My local dealer here in SC says there are no 2018 NC 750 DCT's available.....

Has anyone seen one in their local showroom?

Slo_Rider
    PM sent

JT

Super Moderator Looking  for  Bike......... 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    I doubt your dealer is trying very hard.

Just for Fun Honda, Middleton, Ohio is showing one in their inventory. Call them to confirm. Otherwise just start searching dealer inventories. Honda Powerhouse dealers are most likely to have received them. It may take a little time, but I’ll bet you’ll find some.

Just For Fun Honda
    Last edited by 670cc; 24th August 2018 at 14:55.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: NC700XD. Oh, and Vespa GTS 250, and Piaggio MP3 500
    **Shakes head**
    It's almost like you are just as unwilling to search as the dealer you are working with.
    There's one in Freeport, IL. Two in Richland Center, WI. One in Waukesha, WI.
    Oak Creek, Aurora, Davenport...

Try cycletrader.com. There are currently 42 new NC750XD (DCT/ABS) units listed nationwide. 1 in SC, 3 in NC, 4 in Florida. Tell your local dealer thanks, but you’ll be shopping elsewhere.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

Bike: 2018 NC750x DCT.....
    Folks,

Thanks for the information, but there is something I did not say.....or write. This summer I bought a 2017 Honda CB500x, which is a great bike.

Unfortunately it is not the bike for me. The bottom line is that I don't want to sell my bike, or own two bikes at once. I simply want to ride to a dealer and trade my CB500 in for a 2018 NC750x DCT. And yes, I have accepted the fact that it will be a very painful and expensive trade.

I have seen ads, and have sent e-mails and have called dealers, but none of the dealers I have contacted have been interested in a what is essentially a trade.

Bear in mind, (and that is the correct usage of 'bear'), that just because a dealer shows a bike on their website it does not man that they really have the bike. At least a half dozen have said they will call back but never do. Others have said that the bike listed on their website 'just sold earlier today'.

Thanks for the helpful answers, and I understand some may have thought I wasn't putting in any effort.

Slo_Rider

Senior Member Looking  for  Bike.........
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Rider View Post
    Folks,

Thanks for the information, but there is something I did not say.....or write. This summer I bought a 2017 Honda CB500x, which is a great bike.

Unfortunately it is not the bike for me. The bottom line is that I don't want to sell my bike, or own two bikes at once. I simply want to ride to a dealer and trade my CB500 in for a 2018 NC750x DCT. And yes, I have accepted the fact that it will be a very painful and expensive trade.

I have seen ads, and have sent e-mails and have called dealers, but none of the dealers I have contacted have been interested in a what is essentially a trade.

Bear in mind, (and that is the correct usage of 'bear'), that just because a dealer shows a bike on their website it does not man that they really have the bike. At least a half dozen have said they will call back but never do. Others have said that the bike listed on their website 'just sold earlier today'.

Thanks for the helpful answers, and I understand some may have thought I wasn't putting in any effort.

Slo_Rider
    Thanks for the context. We bought a car last year and had similar issues with dealer cooperation. I understand that you don't really want to sell your bike but that may be something that you should consider. The dealers may not really be looking to add used inventory at the end of August so your proposal may not float their boat. If you sell the bike and have cash in your hand you may get a good deal as the weather changes. In a perfect world more for your bike and less for the new one. Good luck

If you were to price your CB500X at the dollar amount a dealer might typically give you on a trade, and you’re willing to accept that price, it would be priced so low it would probably sell very quickly and painlessly. I was shopping for a 500 earlier this year, and found that used ones for sale were scarce. I assumed it was because people liked what they bought and kept them longer.

The dealer’s reasons for taking your trade is to make a profit reselling it, or facilitate the sale of a new model. They probably won’t have trouble selling new NC750X models so if they can avoid a trade, all the better. If the market for selling a used CB500X doesn’t look good this time of year, or in your location, the dealer is probably not interested.

At any rate, the dealer telling you that NC750Xs are not available is simply not true. They may not be available for him to order from Honda, but they are on showroom floors somewhere. Your dealer could do an inventory swap with another dealer, but they’ve already shown a lack of interest in your situation.
    Last edited by 670cc; 25th August 2018 at 07:09.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

Bike: 750 XD, FLHTC, Can Am RT
    My dealer is a Honda Powerhouse and they have had one for at least six weeks, which I bought. I did find that there where few 16-17's available when I started looking so I waited for the'18.

I don't understand those who say the DCT's won't sell. I doubt they tried to buy one. Not that Honda's making any effort to sell these stateside. It's a Euro-centric sales. BTW the dealer really knows nothing about these models. And they don't seem to want to learn.

Gold Wing, MX or 600cc rocket, no others need apply.

Senior Member Looking  for  Bike......... FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    Call the folks at Just For Fun Honda in Middlefield OH (1-866-346-3281). They had at least one when I was there a week or so ago. The local Geauga County fair is on this week so they may even have a 'special'! Brian (owner) or Greg (salesman) are the people I deal with outside of service. Brian is a top-notch guy and they are a PowerHouse dealership.
    --
    Fez