Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bike day today

Bike: 2018 Honda NC750X DCT

New Bike day today

so as per the Canadian model features page. Got to dealer today around 1130. Bike was on the showroom floor waiting for me.
    Nice looking bike. I am mostly happy i got it. The one thing missing that it was supposed to have i guess i can get over it. What is that you say?
    the Showa dual bending forks. Not there. I did consider telling dealer to cancel the whole deal. But other than that i do love the bike. And not having
    the Showa, not even sure if i would notice or miss it. I do not ride sporty at all. I am the king of chicken strips. I guess i could later on upgrade the suspension
    if i wanted to and probably would be something better than the stock showa.

the ride comfort seemed very good. Nice having more room to stretch out compared to the Fz07. The bike does have traction control and LED front / back lights.
    Only put around 50km on it. I like to get off the roads by 1500 as rush hour traffic sux big time around here. Going to be a great weekend weather wise so will go on
    longer ride on Saturday and Sunday

as for the seat. it is nicely textured and slopes back. I will find out tomorrow how comfy it is long distance. Oh and it came with Bridgestone BT502 tires. Took it easy on corners but the
    Bridgestones seemed to be nice and grippy.

picture of the seat and left grip showing traction control button.

2018 Honda NC750X DCT

Bike: 2017 NC 750X DCT
    Hi Whiteknuckle. Congratulations on your new bike! I’m sure you will love it. I bought the DCT version as well, last year, and it is great. I don’t miss the clutching and shifting at all (well, maybe just a little). I wouldn’t worry about the forks - the bike is great. The seat on your bike looks more comfortable than mine. And the traction control is something new. Enjoy your new bike!

Ian

hello easterncoyote. the Showa forks not being there was a disappointment. I am sure they probably are better but i have never had a bike with anything but stock suspension and i never noticed anything lacking.
    (well maybe the CBR250R pogo sticks :-) ) I have had 2 other NC750 in the past. A 2014 NC750S standard and a 2016 NC750X DCT.
    The 2018 has the front LED headlight, looks pretty cool and really bright.(did the 2017 NC have LED headlight?) But it is a bit erksome that the NC is supposed to be a world bike. Why arent all the bikes the same. Why does the EU get those features and not North America.
    Be interesting to see if the USA NC get the Showa forks.

Wont miss shifting at all either. Tho a few times today for a brief nano second my reflex was to reach for the clutch when slowing down. I wont miss riding the fz07 especially on the hwy. Being a naked bike the wind got pretty intense and
    tiring at times.

At least this time around my new bike day the weather was fantastic and more to come for the next few days. Usually new bike day it is rainy / damp or overcast.
    2018 Honda NC750X DCT

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Whoa! Hey, wait a minute, what!? The seat slopes back!? If that seat is fairly comfortable, and IF, I say IF it retro fits the earlier NC700's....think of it. I have a Shad seat on mine which isn't too bad, so I think I'm fine. But any way congrats on the new bike! Enjoy, and keep us posted.
    Ride safe, Carl

Senior Member New Bike day today MalcolmReynolds's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Congrats on the new bike! Some interesting changes to the new bikes that look like may be a big improvement for the out of the box experience for new owners. Keep us posted on how you get along with it.

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    Congrats! I'm curious about the higher red line; if there's any benefit in the extra 1,000 rpm. But I don't expect feedback on that for a while!

not too sure about the red line bump from 6600 to 7500. The marking on the dash still shows it at 6600. Will have to try out manual mode and see when rev limiter kicks in.

as for today. What a great day for a ride. Started with 43km on odo and put it away with over 400km. Went from downtown Vancouver to Hope. (around 120km). Combined slower hwy / hwy and countryside roads
    on way out. And a countryside road on way back. Loving the bike. Only complaint was the windscreen. On way out anything over 100kph the sound was almost painful. This with a Shoei GT-Air and ear plugs. Felt like
    a hwy ride with no earplugs. But on way back i discovered that if i sit as far back as i can the turbulence sound goes away. Still get wind sound but sound is "normal". May look at getting a different screen and or
    better / different helmet.

some pix. First one is at start of ride. wanted to capture the LED headlight. Sure is bright and this is just the low beam.
    second is in countryside on way out and last is obvious from the sign

2018 Honda NC750X DCT

Senior Member New Bike day today superdedooperman's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 Red Honda NC700X
    Congrats on the new bike! Looks great and I know you’re ready to farkle it up and enjoy it for many many more miles (or km’s )

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Pretty bike!
    Ride safe, Carl

Senior Member New Bike day today
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Sure like the brightness of that light...*grumble stupid yellow 2013 stock light grumble*