Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Bike day today

Bike: 2018 Honda NC750X DCT
    forgot. there was also the following new feature
    "DCT even senses whether the bike is travelling uphill or downhill and selects shifting points and engine braking accordingly. Adaptive Clutch Capability
    Control assists in on/off throttle situations, reducing pitching motions for smoother riding."

I have been up and down some steep hills and the bike works as they say above in the quote. In traffic bike is smooth at slow speeds. Adaptive clutch is working.
    Bike is smooth and calm in traffic, no bucking or abrupt on off power delivery.
    2018 Honda NC750X DCT

Super Moderator New Bike day today 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    The downhill behavior was something I disliked about the earlier DCT. I’m glad they got that sorted out.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: NC750XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    Oops, my bad, I tested the downshift (like forget you are in manual and get to a stop) but maybe not the limiter... So the DCT will downshift in manual to prevent stalling, and otherwise let you hit the limiter?

Will test tomorrow
    Yup, I tested and in manual you do hit the limiter. Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    Yup, I tested and in manual you do hit the limiter. Hard
    thanks for testing this Jos.

you have a 2017 NC750X DCT?
    At what rpm did the rev limiter kick in?

If yours kicks in at 6600 then i know for sure the rpm raise is in. As i stated i hit 7300 and it was still going. Did not sound happy but it was going
    2018 Honda NC750X DCT

Bike: NC750XD
    At the red zone, 6500ish.

Bike: NC700X
    Congrats! Looks beautiful. Safe riding !!

Bike: 2017 NC 750X DCT
    Hi Whiteknuckle. The 2017 didnít have the LED lights, or the traction control. Just wondering, why have you kept getting new 750ís?

Bike: 2017 NC 750X DCT
    Whiteknuckle, one word on the windscreen: Madstad. I had the same problems as you with the stock windscreen: totally useless. I tried a larger Givi screen, and added an extension. Still useless. The Madstad screen is great. It has totally changed my riding experience for the better. Itís not completely quiet, but itís night and day different. Now I can ride pleasantly without earplugs, and with my visor open. Itís not cheap, but itís worth the money.

hello easterncoyote.

as to why i keep getting new 750s? Guess i just am addicted to the fumes from new bikes? :-)
    Got the NC750S and i did like it. but the rev limiter started to bug me.
    Got the 2016 NC750X because it was the first year that DCT was available in Canada. In hindsight i should have kept that one.
    Got the latest one because of the new features that i expected to be on the 2016. only disappointment was the no Showa forks.

I had the FZ07 and Smax scooter. decided to downsize to one bike. The savings on insurance and maintenance will pay for the NC over a few years.

I do not mind wind, The NC does have better wind protection than the naked FZ07. The only thing about the NC that is driving me crazy is the roar sounding turbulence.
    The weird thing is, it is only in my right ear. I tried moving the mirrors around to different positions. I tried leaning way over on the left side of bike to see if the turbulence
    would go away. But nothing fixed it. Only thing that helped a bit was sitting way back on the seat.

i got some self sticking closed cell foam, removed the ear pieces from the Shoei GT-Air and stuck a couple of pieces of foam in the ear wells. Will test that later today. I also
    have an older Shoei RF1100 i will try to see if it is the helmet. Do not think so tho as the GT-Air was fine on the FZ07. Sure hope the Madstad fixes this. Kind of limits my use
    of the NC if i have to avoid long highway speeds and only going 100kph.

the disconcerting thing about Madstad is the silence from the company. They took my money fast enough. But 2 emails have gone unanswered for 5 days now. They do not answer the phone
    and do not return calls. I ordered the light smoke screen but saw that that plastic is on back order. So asked to change to clear but have heard nothing. I have read about Madstad customer
    service being excellent but so far i do not see it.
    2018 Honda NC750X DCT

Senior Member New Bike day today
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknuckle View Post
    hello easterncoyote.

as to why i keep getting new 750s? Guess i just am addicted to the fumes from new bikes? :-)
    Got the NC750S and i did like it. but the rev limiter started to bug me.
    Got the 2016 NC750X because it was the first year that DCT was available in Canada. In hindsight i should have kept that one.
    Got the latest one because of the new features that i expected to be on the 2016. only disappointment was the no Showa forks.

I had the FZ07 and Smax scooter. decided to downsize to one bike. The savings on insurance and maintenance will pay for the NC over a few years.

I do not mind wind, The NC does have better wind protection than the naked FZ07. The only thing about the NC that is driving me crazy is the roar sounding turbulence.
    The weird thing is, it is only in my right ear. I tried moving the mirrors around to different positions. I tried leaning way over on the left side of bike to see if the turbulence
    would go away. But nothing fixed it. Only thing that helped a bit was sitting way back on the seat.

i got some self sticking closed cell foam, removed the ear pieces from the Shoei GT-Air and stuck a couple of pieces of foam in the ear wells. Will test that later today. I also
    have an older Shoei RF1100 i will try to see if it is the helmet. Do not think so tho as the GT-Air was fine on the FZ07. Sure hope the Madstad fixes this. Kind of limits my use
    of the NC if i have to avoid long highway speeds and only going 100kph.

the disconcerting thing about Madstad is the silence from the company. They took my money fast enough. But 2 emails have gone unanswered for 5 days now. They do not answer the phone
    and do not return calls. I ordered the light smoke screen but saw that that plastic is on back order. So asked to change to clear but have heard nothing. I have read about Madstad customer
    service being excellent but so far i do not see it.

I had to chase Madstad a bit when I wanted to buy a replacement shield. They were nice enough when I spoke with them just didn't think it was as professional as I would expect on a business transaction.