Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: has anyone changed a CB500x for a NC750x???

Bike: 2014 CTX700T

Unhappy has anyone changed a CB500x for a NC750x???

I've had a CB500X for 3 years now (14,000 km) and i'm thinking about switching to the NC750X...
    I don't feel comfortable on the highway with my CBX. It feels too light and the wind bothers me even though I bought a tall windshield. I think I also would like a little more power.

I like the seating position of the CBX that's why my first thought is to look at the NCX.

I'm a 5'2'" woman with 29.5" and I've been riding for 5 years.

The NCX is higher so I would have to lower it a little. I only sat on it in the showroom (I couldn't test drive it ) it feels bigger/heavier than the CBX but it doesn't feel out of my league.

Has anyone changed a CBX for a NCX? Any vertically challenged people driving a NC750X?

I would appreciate your opinion!

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    There's this one on Youtube- YouTube
    I have the 750 DCT (heavier) and have a 30" inseam (I'm 5' 6"). I also always wear heavy soled construction boots while riding. I can get both balls of the feet on the ground with stock suspension, and have used an air cushion on the seat for longer rides (adds another 3/4" to seat height). You'll probably need to bring the bars back a bit with risers (I haven't, but am probably just on the edge). Aside from that a larger windscreen might be needed.

Bike: 2015 NC750XA (ABS, non-DCT)
    I'm 6"2 and I flat foot on the NC. But when it starts leaning, there's no way I can hold the weight, I can just slow down the drop. I'd advise against tip-toeing with a bike that heavy... Last year I rode between Yuma and San Diego, and there were strong wind gusts, I can tell you that you'll probably have the same hard time with the NC in wind gusts than with the CB, although heavier is better I guess I was still a PITA to handle the gusts... but maybe it's the case with all adventure bikes vs. sport bikes...?
    Building the future of couchsurfing, tent-space and hosting for bikers in general.
    *** PM me for details or visit https://sphyn.com

Super Moderator has anyone changed a CB500x for a NC750x??? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    I've tried in vain to find it, but I thought there was a recent thread from a woman that had an NC700X and was looking for other options, including the CB500X. I think her reason was that the ergoes of the NC just were not working for her. I can surmise it may be because the NC series bike has a rather long reach from the seat to the bars. Even as a 5'8" male, I can see where that's coming from, as I found the CB500X better, ergonomically, than my NC700X.

It's not the reach to the ground that's the issue, rather it's the reach to the bars, or the seating position that reach forces you in to.
    Last edited by 670cc; 26th March 2017 at 13:29.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    I would suggest the original poster use the comparison feature on Motorcycle Ergonomics to compare her current CB500x to the NC750x. The right hand side has an options feature which includes 'put feet on the ground'. Good luck!

Bike: 2012 NC700XA
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    I've tried in vain to find it, but I thought there was a recent thread from a woman that had an NC700X and was looking for other options, including the CB500X...
    Here you go: Begrudgingly selling my NC for a CB; just not friendly enough to small rider

I am not sure what peergum is talking about. Sure the bike is relativity heavy, but the weight is pretty low down and considering it's weight it's pretty easy to pick up if you do drop it.

Bike: NC700X
    I'm 5'7", ~30" inseam. I can put one foot flat if I slide off to one side, otherwise I tip-toe. It's not too bad as long as you don't let it past 18-20 degrees, after that it's pretty much impossible to keep it from falling unless you have room to run and give it the gas.

Picking it up is easy with proper technique, though it doesn't hurt to have a bit of muscle (125lbs here, all muscle ).

Senior Member has anyone changed a CB500x for a NC750x???
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts017 View Post
    I've had a CB500X for 3 years now (14,000 km) and i'm thinking about switching to the NC750X...
    I don't feel comfortable on the highway with my CBX. It feels too light and the wind bothers me even though I bought a tall windshield. I think I also would like a little more power.

I like the seating position of the CBX that's why my first thought is to look at the NCX.

I'm a 5'2'" woman with 29.5" and I've been riding for 5 years.

The NCX is higher so I would have to lower it a little. I only sat on it in the showroom (I couldn't test drive it ) it feels bigger/heavier than the CBX but it doesn't feel out of my league.

Has anyone changed a CBX for a NCX? Any vertically challenged people driving a NC750X?

I would appreciate your opinion!
    Being Canadian you have access to the S model. See if you can sit on one of those as the seat is lower. Happy hunting

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    My inseam is 28.5, I can toe and am comfortable with that. I had to put 2"rox risers on the handlebars.
    Dance as if no one is watching.

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    What about the ctx? Does it have a lower seat?