Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thread for technique tips and discussion.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
    Please link to a non documentary riding video that is long, just riding and not boring.
    I watched some videos by DCTFan of a meetup in Arkansas. They were longer then 1 or 2 minutes and done with a single camera, and still I found them more interesting then bicycle training video above. Could they have been better with more cameras and good editing, sure, but they still were interesting to me because I wanted to see what a meetup is like, and what the roads there are like and how they ride as a group, etc. That is just a quick example off the top of my head. There are plenty of other vidoes I watch on youtube that others may not like but I like because I am learning and they are typically 1 camera and a guy talking for serveral minutes. The point is the subject is of interest and they are long enough and consistent enough to learn about the personality of the vloger.

2017 Hillbilly Hangout IV Day1 - YouTube
    Last edited by Erik; 30th August 2017 at 14:05.

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    Ignoring this debate and looking at a few bloggers:

If you look at, say Walterrific, his videos are interesting even to people who do not ride because of his personality and interactions, certainly not scenery or riding skill. He is a good editor as well.

By comparison Yammi Noob, before his outbreak of stupidity, showed hard work, editing skill, and a good sense of humor.

Heels Not Wheels, an NC700 owner, also has an appealing personality, good places to ride, and some interesting information. Her joy in discovery is infectious.

Royal Jordanian combines lots of good bike information, relaxed style, and humor with amazing riding footage.
    Last edited by Hank; 30th August 2017 at 15:22.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Nuttin Fancy has a few good motorcycle vids - they are quite long and probably too long, but he usually has a lot to say.

You Won't Believe the Truth About Motorcycle Lane Splitting - YouTube

Member Thread for technique tips and discussion. BigGuppy's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 NC700x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Ignoring this debate and looking at a few bloggers...

Wheels Not heels, an NC700 owner, also has an appealing personality, good places to ride, and some interesting information.
    Thanks for this tip. Her recent post after putting on lowering links was relevant to me (5'8-ish" and thinking about options)

Wheels Not Heels - What's it like After Lowering the Honda NC700x (7:53s)

Bike: Various
    Considering this is an NC-X forum, check out CagerOnTwoWheels. Nothing fancy but some entertaining riding with narration from Portugal. He sold his NC a few years ago so you might have to do some searching; maybe start here Exploring Sintra [NC700x Vlog] - YouTube

I'd give a lot to ride the fantastic little road he finds about 2min into the video.

I can watch vids like these all day long as long as I'm learning a thing or two and enjoying the content.
    Last edited by GlennC; 30th August 2017 at 21:30.

She may be a member here, or at least a lurker.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    So much for tips and technique ; }

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/albums

So what makes those bloggers interesting in terms of tips and techniques?

1. Frequent changes of scene, either by editing out boring stretches or editing in something else. It might be a picture, a map, etc.

2. A freeze or flash frame where you make a still of one frame of your video can be very effective.

3. Be humble and / or self deprecating.

4. Avoid politics and cursing.

5. Get to the point! If you have a point to make, make it. Don't spend five minutes setting it up or talking about something else. Whatever the title is, get to it. I am looking at you, (name of certain Dallas area instructor omitted.)

6. Only use transitions, fades, etc. in special circumstances.

Bike: Various
    Well I think it's at least somewhat useful to point out actual vids that might be appealing. Learning by example, essentially.

I don't really have any specific tips or tricks other than avoiding my personal pet peeves, which somebody else might not agree with at all.

I do agree with Hank for the most part. Don't waste viewers' time, although people would not agree on what is a waste. Try to stick to "interesting" subjects and not get wildly off-topic, especially into controversies, unless that's your intention. One of my personal pet peeves, make sure the view down the road is always within the frame. It drives me crazy if the camera only sees a hundred feet of road, cut off by the top of the frame, and you have no idea what's up ahead.