Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 owners - Honda is aware of the trip meters resetting.

Bike: NC700XD ABS

Exclamation 2014 owners - Honda is aware of the trip meters resetting.

Ok, so I have a 2 month old NC700XD, and this is happening on mine as well. I called American Honda Powersports (866) 784-1870).
    I got through with a tech and he stated that he had not heard of the issue with random Trip A meters resetting to lower but random numbers. He put me on hold to call his technical team (they didn't pick up. HA!). After a few minutes he stated that he had opened a case but that I should take the bike in for service so they can get the case going. I agreed. About 30 minutes later, the nice fellow called me back and told me to hold off on taking it to the dealership as his tech team just called him back to tell him that this is in fact a known issue and they are working on it.
    So...
    Not sure if this means a recall and a complete replacement of the dash unit, or some type of firmware upgrade.
    Either way, I'm sure it will be classified as some sort of recall but I'm not really sure.
    Also, as I was typing this, Mike from American Honda called me back yet again to tell me that a case manager would be calling me to explain in detail what is happening and what to expect. So, this could be good info or really nothing at all.
    But, in the end, I'm very impressed with the corporate support and the multiple calls I got back.
    I will post any new details I get.....
    I would suggest calling and putting in a complaint. It was extremely fast and easy. They will need your VIN....

Senior Member 2014 owners - Honda is aware of the trip meters resetting.
    Bike: 2014 NC700 dct
    good, cause i got a few random resets already

Bike: 2014 NC700X, 2018 GL 1800 Tour DCT
    Made the call, it's being forwarded to a case manger.

Super Moderator 2014 owners - Honda is aware of the trip meters resetting. 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Honda has been aware of it for a long time. They aren't stupid. What you're saying is that Honda has now acknowledged that they are aware of it. That's definitely a step in the right direction.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "240,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2014 NC700X, 2018 GL 1800 Tour DCT
    Just got a call from American Honda, they are aware and working working on the problem, did not have an ETA yet, but it shouldn't be too long.
    They will send letters to the owners that allow you to go to a dealer for a "product update", it will tell the dealer what part/s need to be replaced to correct the issue.
    She said the letters are usually good for a couple of years if you can't get it in right away.

Bike: NC700XD ABS
    Hiya Grey1one. Got my call this morning as well. Exact same info that I received on the call that you described.
    Great to know that we are getting closer to a fix.

Bike: NC700x DCT
    Made my call this morning to them and they talked to their tech dept. and told me they were aware of it and were working on it but no time frame. Hopefully they will come up with a solution soon. Coming from a KLR I use the trip all the time.

Bike: Honda NC700
    When I had a BMW GSA I had just the opposite problem: the trip meter worked, but the fuel strip sensor (no float in the tank) would go bad and need to be replaced. With no fuel gauge I had to trust my odometer, but with a 350+ mile fuel range, it wasn't as much of a concern.

Senior Member 2014 owners - Honda is aware of the trip meters resetting.2014 owners - Honda is aware of the trip meters resetting. kpinvt's Avatar
    Bike: !RED! 2014 NC700XD - The Best Bike Ever
    I just called, again. This time, instead of a very efficient run around like the last time I called, I was told right off that Honda is aware of the problem and to expect a letter in mail. They had no info on when the letter would arrive.

Bike: NC700X
    I lost my Neutral light and they ended up switching out my Speedometer at 5500 miles. Since then no problems. I'm at 7000 more now.