Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 137 of 137

Thread: Sprocket change?

  1. #131
    Senior Member DCTFAN's Avatar
    Bike: DCT
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    I have to stop right here and chuckle.

    Here we have a thread about turning a dirt bike (AT) into a street bike, while over yonder we have a thread about turning a street bike (NC) into a dirt bike! We had threads about upsizing the NC front wheel, and we have a thread about downsizing the AT front wheel. It seems we're never happy unless we tinker, but that's half the fun of owning a motorcycle. Perhaps the reason Honda has never built the perfect motorcycle is that such a thing could never exist. Ah well, carry on, gents!
    I think you are onto something there. Did you work for Honda?
    Uncanny, if it were true.
    But as for my project, if I can have a 2nd set of wheels that works with the DCT,
    I am closer to bike 'nirvana' and may not need anything more. (for the foreseeable future, at least)

  2. #132
    Senior Member DCTFAN's Avatar
    Bike: DCT
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by showkey View Post
    Making the perfect reasoning (argument) for having multiple bikes in the garage !

    Don't forget there is the VFR1200x DTC which throws shaft drive in the compromising mix. Plus it's has tubeless tires !!!! And they are already the right size.
    Almost exactly the reason I am trying to change the wheels on the ATwin.
    If done right, end up with a VFR1200X in Dakar Rally Red, for my touring days.

  3. #133
    Senior Member
    Bike: 2014 NC700x
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamate View Post
    I can tell you that going down a tooth on the front will drop the MPG by almost 10 MPG. Thought I'd throw that out there for the thread.
    Did you actually do this on the NC??? What 15 tooth sprocket did you buy?

  4. #134
    Senior Member
    Bike: 2014 NC700x
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by greenboy View Post
    Here's a source for front sprockets.

    384- Honda CTX-700, NC-700X/ XD 2012-15
    AH!!! An all day search...finally. Winner Winner chicken dinner! 15t steel sprocket ordered!
    Last edited by RinconVTR; 23rd February 2017 at 13:30. Reason: Add source to purchase

  5. #135
    Junior Member
    Bike: 2015 NC700X
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RinconVTR View Post
    AH!!! An all day search...finally. Winner Winner chicken dinner! 15t steel sprocket ordered!
    Hey guys I'm reviewing this post and I have a question about the sprocket change:
    the speedometer now shows incorrect speed and the odometer will progressively start being slightly off. Those are issues I can deal with, I don't really care since I'll ride this bike until it literally falls apart... The only thing I want to make sure is that the discrepancy between the speedometer and actual speed won't affect the engine timing. I believe it wouldn't since it's based on actual engine RPM and that is not affected by the sprockets ratio, but I want to make sure.
    Anybody?

  6. #136
    Senior Member
    Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofly View Post
    Hey guys I'm reviewing this post and I have a question about the sprocket change:
    the speedometer now shows incorrect speed and the odometer will progressively start being slightly off. Those are issues I can deal with, I don't really care since I'll ride this bike until it literally falls apart... The only thing I want to make sure is that the discrepancy between the speedometer and actual speed won't affect the engine timing. I believe it wouldn't since it's based on actual engine RPM and that is not affected by the sprockets ratio, but I want to make sure.
    Anybody?
    Sprocket change won't affect anything in those regards except for speedometer....as long as yours is manual model. Can't change sprockets on the DCT model.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  7. #137
    Junior Member
    Bike: 2015 NC700X
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Sprocket change won't affect anything in those regards except for speedometer....as long as yours is manual model. Can't change sprockets on the DCT model.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Awesome thanks

Similar Threads

  1. 1st Oil change
    By Xcellor8 in forum NC700 Technical
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 21st December 2013, 21:18
  2. Great Site to help you figure out best sprocket combo's
    By RubenAlonzo in forum NC700 Technical
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th January 2013, 11:27
  3. Need Advice on Oil Change?
    By Duke Nukem in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 14th December 2012, 11:47
  4. Revrse gear change lever: is it possible?
    By Markino in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20th August 2012, 00:16
  5. Richa Spirit C-Change Jacket Review
    By admin in forum NC700 News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th January 2012, 12:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •