Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flashing dash gear indication

Bike: Nc700 DCT

Flashing dash gear indication

I am new to the nc700. The forum is very helpful. I am experiencing a problem with DCT. 3-4 times per month. While riding the gear I am in sticks in and the flashing dash appears on the indicator. The D/S works but I can not select a gear. If I stop and shut off hlthe engine I can not get it into neutral and I hear a clanking sound. I think that if I rock the bike front and back that helps to select neutral and start the engine. I've changed oil filter and the battery is in ok condition. No error codes appears. Any ideas?

Senior Member Flashing dash gear indication
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Here is a suggestion for you. I don't have a DCT but I think a number of riders with on have resolved shifting issues by doing this. Good luck

DCT Clutch Calibration

Hi, thanks for the answer. I don't think that this solve the issue.this is actually the case the manual refers on page 97 whereit says that you should go to a dealer. But he dealer does not find any error codes. Does someone has an idea of what may the problem be? Question. Does the dct calibration happen also when the battery is removed for many hours?

Bike: VFR1200XD
    Also check starter relay - there was a recall, and symptoms looks like your relay is dying.

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    I can't directly help with those symptoms, but....
    Generally DCT problems reported have been due to weak battery, the OP sensors (Bad DCT clutch?) or a pin in the transmission (2015 8k Nc750 dct gearbox failure). Good luck & please report back on what you find.

I have not found a solution yet.i need your feedback on the following. I tried on the road all 6 gears while rolling killing the engine until I stop. On the gear 1 to 3 the dct was going to neutral when I turn on the the red switch again. BUT on 4 to 6 it did not. Can this mean something?

Bike: DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by X8052 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the answer. I don't think that this solve the issue.this is actually the case the manual refers on page 97 whereit says that you should go to a dealer. But he dealer does not find any error codes. Does someone has an idea of what may the problem be? Question. Does the dct calibration happen also when the battery is removed for many hours?
    I'm with HarveyM, suspect it's a bent shift fork.
    The battery disconnect does nothing related to DCT "calibration".
    I would seek another dealer.

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    I have not found a solution yet.i need your feedback on the following. I tried on the road all 6 gears while rolling killing the engine until I stop. On the gear 1 to 3 the dct was going to neutral when I turn on the the red switch again. BUT on 4 to 6 it did not. Can this mean something?
    If the engine stops in higher gears it can’t return to neutral by itself. You have to push or rock the the bike to get the transmission moving. That part is normal for the DCT: DCT Stuck In Gear
    So the problem is 'only' the transmission not shifting while you're riding. I feel you need someone who's willing to check your transmission ($)

Bike: DCT
    I am new to the nc700. The forum is very helpful. I am experiencing a problem with DCT. 3-4 times per month. While riding the gear I am in sticks in and the flashing dash appears on the indicator. The D/S works but I can not select a gear. If I stop and shut off hlthe engine I can not get it into neutral and I hear a clanking sound. I think that if I rock the bike front and back that helps to select neutral and start the engine. I've changed oil filter and the battery is in ok condition. No error codes appears. Any ideas?
    " No error codes appears. Any ideas?"
    The dash will not show anything except the blinking dash, instead of the usual gear number.
    The DTC(Diagnostic Trouble Code) will be stored in memory and you need a computer to read the codes.
    There is a way to read manually using the kickstand but I suggest you take this to a competent dealer.

Problem solved. Finally is was this pin which was broken. it costs 5 euros but the labor is 70 euros and as the bike is out of warranty it is not covered. The shop told me that this is a kind of usual issue and that due to the design of the gearbox, the pin does not come of to cause further damage.