Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators and Springs...

Super Moderator RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators and Springs... 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    I used the lightest spring supplied at 2 turns and thought it was too stiff. So after speaking face to face with a Racetech guy at a show, he sent me a set of even lighter springs (I think they were silver) for free.

Part of my problem, too, is that my fork seals seem to have too much stiction.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: '14 NC700X, 1994 CB1000, '05 DR-Z 400
    Quote Originally Posted by dlathroum View Post
    Thanks! I started this today but misplaced my 17mm hex. I'm going with the yellow spring with 3 or 4 turns with the 5 hole brass plate and 6 holes in the damper rod and 10wt oil. I plan to keep the space at the stock length to help with my 235 pound body weight. Similar to what you did?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I kept the stock spacer so I got an extra 1/2 preload. You can always go back and cut it with out even having to drop the forks. I did Blue springs, 2 Turns...? It's hard to actually determine that... and 15 wt Maxima oil.

You can just take the rubber out of a Sparkplug socket and put it on an extension backwards for a 17mm hex for the axle.

Bike: nc700x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by travatron4000 View Post
    Yeah I kept the stock spacer so I got an extra 1/2 preload. You can always go back and cut it with out even having to drop the forks. I did Blue springs, 2 Turns...? It's hard to actually determine that... and 15 wt Maxima oil.

You can just take the rubber out of a Sparkplug socket and put it on an extension backwards for a 17mm hex for the axle.
    Sounds good. I completed today but still need to mount. I went blue, 4 turns, 4 holes in the emulator, 6 in the damper and 10wt oil. About 530ml each fork. Kept the space the same as well. Figured it would be good with my additional weight. (240lbs)

Bike: nc700x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    I used the lightest spring supplied at 2 turns and thought it was too stiff. So after speaking face to face with a Racetech guy at a show, he sent me a set of even lighter springs (I think they were silver) for free.

Part of my problem, too, is that my fork seals seem to have too much stiction.
    Good to know. I'll have to test a little and see what I think. I'm hoping the blue, with 4 holes in the emulator and 10wt oil will work. Otherwise I'll pull it and decrease emulator preload to 1 or 2 turns before looking to get the silver spring.

Super Moderator RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators and Springs... 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by dlathroum View Post
    Good to know. I'll have to test a little and see what I think. I'm hoping the blue, with 4 holes in the emulator and 10wt oil will work. Otherwise I'll pull it and decrease emulator preload to 1 or 2 turns before looking to get the silver spring.

Per the Racetech guy, don’t bother going below 2 turns. At that point get the lighter spring.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250