Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda Rear Carrier

Bike: '12 NC700XC
    Yep, gotta have the new passenger grab handles as well. The plastic cutting is true but overblown, I think. I cant even see/notice the cuts on my '12 until I open the rear seat to refuel, and even then I have to be reminded to look for it in order to notice.
    I have all Honda stuff: saddlebags & mounts, rear rack, and trunk. To be completely truthful, I have them because that's how the dealer had the bike on the showroom floor, and I got a truly excellent deal. That said, stylistically I strongly prefer the Honda stuff to all aftermarket alternatives. Also, and apparently in contrast to many, I prefer the further-forward mounting point of the Honda top case/trunk. It disrupts the balance of the bike a bit less, and again it looks better to me. My wife does find it slightly tight mounting, but likes the fit once aboard.

Supporting Vendor Honda Rear Carrier
    Honda Rear Carrier
    Bike: tracer 900
    oh cheers guys whats wrong wiv my racks eh!
    If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
    working with the mentally retarded I would
    have of been an MP.

Bike: 2014 NC700X, 2018 GL 1800 Tour DCT
    they make the bike try to run on the wrong side of the road???

Bike: 2012 NC700Xc
    Another +1 for the sw-motech rack.

I have both the top rack and side rack (With Givi trekkers on them) looks good with the boxes on, and in about 60 seconds and 9 quick release fasteners the bike looks basically stock (save the alu rack, and a few small mounting points for the side racks.)

Though I'll probably never actually bring the bike back to look stock... boxes are useful and look good, don't really effect the handling of the bike that much (you'd think a big top box would, but so far it really hasn't.) But it's nice to know that I can do it quickly if I want to.

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    I will get a photo of mine with and without tonight. Heading off again this weekend, so the bike will be all packed up again.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Senior Member Honda Rear Carrier davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
    I will get a photo of mine with and without tonight. Heading off again this weekend, so the bike will be all packed up again.
    You are going to freeze tomorrow night . I would ride down with you guys tomorrow, but it wont be above freezing at my house until late in the morning and I just don't want to be that cold or put all my cold riding gear on. You guys have a safe/fun trip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    hehe, it will be fine. I ended up getting a cabin (cancellation) so it wont be too bad.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Bike: CB1100, NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodrocher View Post
    My 50 cents:
    The allu-rack next to daytona that I have:
    Attachment 23299

The size difference is obvious. And that's how it looks installed without any plastic "arts and crafts".
    Attachment 23300
    I think the Daytona looks great and is a bargain. What rear tire are you running on your bike? How does it do on-road an off-road?

Senior Member Honda Rear Carrier happy's Avatar
    Bike: BMW R1200GSA 2018, (Sold)NC700X-ABS-ManualTrans
    I got my original rack from Honda for free. As a veteran biker, I have gotten over that "don't cut anything on my new bike" syndrome. Cut away, it is not visible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Happy Joe
    LIfe's short, stop writing and start riding ...
    if everyone thinks like me, there is no need for a forum...

Senior Member Honda Rear Carrier Ruggybuggy's Avatar
    Bike: Honda NC750X Kawasaki KLX351
    Quote Originally Posted by MZ5 View Post
    Yep, gotta have the new passenger grab handles as well. The plastic cutting is true but overblown, I think. I cant even see/notice the cuts on my '12 until I open the rear seat to refuel, and even then I have to be reminded to look for it in order to notice.
    I have all Honda stuff: saddlebags & mounts, rear rack, and trunk. To be completely truthful, I have them because that's how the dealer had the bike on the showroom floor, and I got a truly excellent deal. That said, stylistically I strongly prefer the Honda stuff to all aftermarket alternatives. Also, and apparently in contrast to many, I prefer the further-forward mounting point of the Honda top case/trunk. It disrupts the balance of the bike a bit less, and again it looks better to me. My wife does find it slightly tight mounting, but likes the fit once aboard.
    I have all the Honda luggage and to me it's the best looking luggage. It fits tight to the bike and the styling works with the bike. Its expensive but I didn't want to to compromise.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain