Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's the best engine crash guard out there?

Supporting Vendor What's the best engine crash guard out there?
    What's the best engine crash guard out there?
    Bike: tracer 900
    the best crash bars is that you dont crash!
    no matter what is best ,if crash hard nothing is going to save the bike full stop.
    crash bars will save the bike in slow spills but thats it.
    If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
    working with the mentally retarded I would
    have of been an MP.

Senior Member What's the best engine crash guard out there? ld_rider's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Black ABS/DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveInTheMoment View Post
    Id_rider...maybe this is a stupid question, but what brand crash bars are those red ones you have and which panniers are these?
    The bars are Mmoto..from the Ukraine Engine guard, crash bars for DCT for Honda NC700X

The panniers and mounts are Givi Trekker Outbacks 37 liter Givi Trekker Outback 37 Liter Side Case - RevZilla
    Rob in New England
    IBA# 540

Bike: 2015 Honda NC700X DCT
    Hey Id_rider, I hate to bother you but if you do ever go with a skid plate could you please let us know if it fits or not? I'm very curious, as I believe others are too, as to if a skid plate could be mounted along with the mmoto bars. By overlaying pictures that I've been attempting to do, it looks as if the SW Motech plate should fit. I noticed a bolt position for the DCT model guard bar and the skid plate mount on the right side of the bike near the brake lever would have to share the same mounting point. That I guess could be solved with a longer bolt and shouldn't be huge deal I would hope. The main kicker though is the bar that goes across the front at the bottom. An AltRider skid plate protrudes out too far to fit the engine guard on by the way it looks but the SW Motech however fits roughly the same area and space confines of the underbody's original plastic protector. By looking at two photos side by side the SW Motech skid plate should most likely fit. If the one bolt point on the right side is a problem though then I should be able to purchase the manual transmission version of the engine guard and just use the skid plates protection instead I would assume, it's not like the two bikes have totally different frames, one just has a bar to protect the DCT housing and both should mount up exactly the same except for one extra bar. Anyways, I appreciate that you shared with the community the bike protection that you use and if anybody else has mmoto guards on their bike, especially with a skid plate, I would love to hear about them! Thanks!
    Last edited by JacobRobinson5; 25th July 2016 at 19:04.

Bike: NC700 DCT Motus MST
    I run the Givi and refer to it as an engine guard only; never the c word, although the R/H guard on my NC would tell you differently.

Senior Member What's the best engine crash guard out there?What's the best engine crash guard out there?
    Bike: NC700XD; Piaggio BV250ie
    +1 on the Givi, Beemerphile has a great write-up about mounting them with longer bolts.

Bike: Nc700

Looks sweet

Quote Originally Posted by ld_rider View Post
    Lucky you ;-)

I've already done all the research for a DCT. You want these. Seriously.

This looks so much more extensive than anything else around.

If it's ok to ask -

Do you still have them on?
    Any qualms / hairs to split?
    What maintenance work do they need to be removed for (e.g. valve adjustment)?

Cheers

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    That Ukrainian makes some fine looking bars, i like his work. I pm'd him once and he said he lives/works in Kharkov, the same city my brother lives in(about 3M people). :{)

Here is an old picture of mine. I have the Givi light bar and crash bars with the sliders! :{)
    What's the best engine crash guard out there?-shad-seats-installed2-june-21st-2018-jpg
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: Nc700
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    That Ukrainian makes some fine looking bars, i like his work. I pm'd him once and he said he lives/works in Kharkov, the same city my brother lives in(about 3M people). :{)

Here is an old picture of mine. I have the Givi light bar and crash bars with the sliders! :{)
    What's the best engine crash guard out there?-shad-seats-installed2-june-21st-2018-jpg
    Nice! Did you ever need to take them off?

Senior Member What's the best engine crash guard out there? superdedooperman's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 Red Honda NC700X
    I have the Mutazu ones on mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images What's the best engine crash guard out there?-lednew-jpg