Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Light Bar Installed

Member Light Bar Installed Bamo's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X

Light Bar Installed

I searched this on the forum and did not come up with anything, so forgive me in advance if this is a repeat. I finished my second step of many to come in my project (Urban Adventurer). I always wanted an adventure bike but never could afford a BMW. Since I was a service manager for Honda Motorcycles for a long time, and am very familiar with the product I always had a hard time straying to other brands. When I saw the NC I knew it was my chance to have the urban adventure bike I have always wanted, with the wing and Honda badge on the side. Anyway, enough rambling. Step two is the light bar. I think it adds a lot to the look of the bike and for $130US it is a great value IMO. Especially since it is a Honda product. Very easy install with minor trimming to the little under cowl panel. I did not even remove the fairing like it says to in the instructions. Entire job took 15 minutes. Here are some pics, sorry for being long winded.
    Attached Images Attached Images Light Bar Installed-img_20120920_131404-jpg Light Bar Installed-img_20120920_131411-jpg Light Bar Installed-img_20120920_131425-jpg Light Bar Installed-img_20120920_131432-jpg Light Bar Installed-img_20120920_131441-jpg Light Bar Installed-img_20120920_131451-jpg Light Bar Installed-img_20120920_131459-jpg Light Bar Installed-img_20120920_131508-jpg 

#1 Elite Light Bar Installed
    Light Bar Installed
    Bike: NC-less
    Looking good. Farkling this bike is like drinking beer or eating potato chips. Before one is even finished, the thoughts turn to the next one. Resistance is futile. Enjoy.
    Motorcycle don't lie!

Senior Member Light Bar Installed
    Light Bar Installed
    Bike: 2012 NC700X Manual non ABS (07/27/12)
    Looks good Bamo, not bad at all.

Senior Member Light Bar Installed Rocker66's Avatar
    Bike: 2017 NC750X
    Only 130USD? When the NC was first released in the UK dealers were quoting £600 for the light bar. I don't know maybe that included the lights.
    Are your the genuine Honda bars?
    Last edited by Rocker66; 20th September 2012 at 13:12.
    4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
    Audere est Facere

Bike: Ninja 650, Victory Cross Country
    I like the light bar it was on my short list of things I wanted for my ride. But, like the bag mounts that required cutting, I'm going to have to pass.

Seems odd that Honda designed two major accessories that would require cutting of panels. Not really a big deal if you never plan to remove what was added.

Senior Member Light Bar Installed duk2n's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X ABS
    Looking good Bamo. The Honda "light bars" look very nice, but -please don't take me wrong- I would say they are just that, light supporters, I don't think they will do any job in an undesired crash event

Let me ask about the panniers support... it seems to be the Honda rack without the support for the top case?
    -JL-

Maño a mucha honra

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Rocker, yes they are true Honda bars and if you go to this link (2012 NC700X Accessories - Honda Genuine Accessories - Honda Powersports) it will show you the prices on all the accessories Honda offers in America. They retail for $149.95 but i bought them from the shop where I worked before and the owner still gives me a discount.
    Tweak, The panel which needs to be cut is the very small panel at the front of the nose. I cant imagine it costing more that $20 dollars or so and it is replaceable in less than a minute. I can understand you not wanting to cut your bike but I would not let that stop you from getting the light bar kit, not really a big deal. IMO or course.
    Duk2n, You are right about the crash support. I think if it was a fall off the center stand and hit the wall type of incident, they might help, but they are really just for show. It is however a metal bar between the fairing and everything else so maybe there is a slight chance it could help and not hinder. You are correct about the panniers support, top box with mount is on the way but back ordered. He says I should see it mid to late October. Next up is a sweet set of Denali lights, hand-guards, and that Puig windshield. The we conquer the Dakar!!!

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Nice job, Bamo!

BTW, are those the NC hard bags, or a different models?
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable............you can only pick two!

Thanks Mike, those are the Honda NC bags.

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamo View Post
    Thanks Mike, those are the Honda NC bags.
    Sweet. I'm guessing that Honda sells an "insert" piece to make the bags color match the bike more. Did you have to buy the whole 3 bag setup, or can you just get the side bags?
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable............you can only pick two!