Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.

  1. #11
    westgl
    Guest
    The trunk/top box has one key that unlock the trunk and also unlock the top box from the rack it mounts to.

    the one i used was a;

    It has a LED third brake light on it.


    Bestem T-Box TBOX-929-BLK Black 12" X 22" X 16" Motorcycle/Scooter Flat Top Box

    $85.00 free shipping

    Amazon.com: Bestem T-Box TBOX-929-BLK Black 12" X 22" X 16" Motorcycle/Scooter Flat Top Box: Automotive

  2. #12
    Senior Member what next's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Northern IL
    Posts
    400
    Well I did this Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.-003-jpg
    It is just a plastic cutting board I have since painted it black
    Works great I don't have to remove camping gear to fuel up.
    Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.-20130616_150752-jpg

  3. #13
    danrev
    Guest
    Looks nice, What Next. Yankee ingenuity at work again.

  4. #14
    Supporting Vendor Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.
    Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.
    johnakay's Avatar
    Bike: tracer 700
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    johnakay are you reading this? Looks like an opportunity for you with customers already in line.
    just seen this now.
    yes I could if there is enough interest and genuine order's.
    I could make some thing like this using the 3 bolts and front brackets so that you can lock it it still.
    Last edited by johnakay; 9th December 2013 at 08:31.
    If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
    working with the mentally retarded I would
    have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership

  5. #15
    Senior Member Porko's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    cold north
    Posts
    149

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by what next View Post
    Well I did this Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.-003-jpg
    It is just a plastic cutting board I have since painted it black
    Works great I don't have to remove camping gear to fuel up.
    Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.-20130616_150752-jpg
    Great idea, next mod for me. Thanks for sharing.Like the idea of not having to undo my straps with my camping gear or extra luggage.

  6. #16
    westgl
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnakay View Post
    just seen this now.
    yes I could if there is enough interest and genuine order's.
    I could make some thing like this using the 3 bolts and front brackets so that you can lock it it still.
    Would that material be;

    1. alum.?
    2. thickness?
    3. In Black?
    4. Ball park price?
    5. Approximate Shipping $$ to zip 97537? West Coast USA
    Last edited by westgl; 9th December 2013 at 09:50.

  7. #17
    westgl
    Guest
    Also John,

    Could you add two tubes welded to the front of the rack so that a Isuzu Rodeo backrest/head rest could be mounted to the rack?

    Link
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...rest+1998+2002

    I could provide the centers measurement, for the Isuzu back rest
    Last edited by westgl; 9th December 2013 at 09:56.

  8. #18
    Supporting Vendor Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.
    Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.
    johnakay's Avatar
    Bike: tracer 700
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,647
    price I cant say as yet new product!! and I will have to price things up from outside.
    more than likely steel plate powder coated black.
    maybe a full cover and fastened to the rear seat hinge and clip into the existing hole for security using the key.
    yes I could weld two solid bars with holes for h/rest to fit with locking bolts etc.
    If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
    working with the mentally retarded I would
    have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership

  9. #19
    Senior Member Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.
    Bike: 2012 NC700X,2000 VFR, '73 CB 175
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jefferson,GA
    Posts
    188
    That sounds like something I would be interested in. No real need for the backrest, but I'd love a rack with tie down points that could lift and lock like the seat. When you say a cover, would it be removable for when in use, but on for show?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnakay View Post
    price I cant say as yet new product!! and I will have to price things up from outside.
    more than likely steel plate powder coated black.
    maybe a full cover and fastened to the rear seat hinge and clip into the existing hole for security using the key.
    yes I could weld two solid bars with holes for h/rest to fit with locking bolts etc.
    '1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual' - unknown



  10. #20
    Senior Member Cagedodger's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    471
    This sounds pretty slick! I'm definitely interested to see what comes up.

Similar Threads

  1. My Trunk, and rear Rack Mounting
    By Huck369 in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 29th August 2013, 04:20
  2. Backrest mod for Honda or SW-Motech rear rack
    By fouzilogic in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th July 2013, 08:27
  3. Hepco and Becker Crash Guard and Rear Rack
    By drseth in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2nd February 2013, 11:29
  4. Replacing Pillion Seat with Rack/Fuel Cell??
    By Bug Dr. in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th September 2012, 19:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •