Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggybuggy View Post
    I was removing some items from my trunk and decided to remove my fabricated frunk key and it somehow managed to flick from my fingers and headed toward the fairing around the headlight area. I looked high and low and could not find that key. Even took the lower part of the front beak off and nothing. Checked the rad/fan area, top of the motor, front wheel area and floor, nothing.
    Check the lower part of the painted cowl, in front of where your knees go.

I lost the twist knob to my GPS' RAM mount one day before setting off. I heard it fall down, but looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I figured it hit the floor and rolled somewhere, so I got my other one and left for the day. Couldn't find it in the garage when I got back, so I figured it got lost and bounced out at some point during the day.

Two months later I get around to washing the bike and notice that that panel kind of rattled when I pressed on it. I started to investigate and out falls my GPS knob (of course I had already bought a new one).

trey

Senior Member Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment Ruggybuggy's Avatar
    Bike: Honda NC750X Kawasaki KLX351
    Quote Originally Posted by treybrad View Post
    Check the lower part of the painted cowl, in front of where your knees go.
    Thanks, I have to change the oil today so I'll have a check in that area.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    So I decided to tackle this Frunk key solution. Went to autozone and bought know assortment, had spare key made, and bought quick steel weld. See the pics for exact stuff I bought. I cut ket, slide into knob, filled with quick steel, sanded down after it dried and then taped of and painted. See all pics, tell me what you think. Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment-image-jpg Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment-image-jpg Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment-image-jpg Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment-image-jpgCreating a dedicated key for the storage compartment-image-jpg

Bike: NC750X DCT
    Good job. You'll now wonder how you ever coped without such a simple idea.

Senior Member Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Nicely done.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: NC700X
    Nice, I just got a spare key made the other day. Will be doing this soon. Thanks for the other source for nobs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Check out the California Riders Group!

Don't let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen.

Senior Member Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment telecam's Avatar
    Bike: Honda NC700X DCT Red
    Thanks for the frunk trick, made my own unlock key using an old amp knob, quite inconspicuous.

Cheers. Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment-imageuploadedbytapatalk1435232347-434046-jpg

Super Moderator
    Bike: NC700x, ST1300, XR250L, CX500 Turbo, TRX350fwd, CT90, C70, TRX250, TRX 500, VFR1200x
    Mine also adjusts the head light up and down.......

Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment-image-jpg

Senior Member Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment telecam's Avatar
    Bike: Honda NC700X DCT Red
    You are the king of fake.

Super Moderator
    Bike: NC700x, ST1300, XR250L, CX500 Turbo, TRX350fwd, CT90, C70, TRX250, TRX 500, VFR1200x
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sub in this switch would be the king of fake........( but would solve the horn button location issue)

It would be the king of cool is the power wind screen worked !!!!!!!!

Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment-image-jpg