Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC700x w/dct aftermarket LED light

Bike: nc700 dct

NC700x w/dct aftermarket LED light

Hello Everyone,
    I installed the Denali D2 (low and high power) on my NC700x w/dct.
    I have the HONDA light bar and I attached the lights by using TechMount Light Mount Kit.

The install was pretty straight forward. The only hard part was taking off the plastic skin off the bike.
    I have also have a subharness in which there is a connector especially for the lights.
    I purchased the sumitomo connector that would take the blue wire (high beam) and trigger my Denali HI Power. The other wire (I forgot what color it was, went to switched power which is Brown on the subharness connector).

Sorry the photo is side ways. Seems like when I post photo from my iphone, it puts up on the forum sideways for some reason.

photo of battery. Connection to battery. You can also see the fuse. It fits nicely in there. Your able to put the cover back without problems.
    NC700x w/dct aftermarket LED light-image-jpgNC700x w/dct aftermarket LED light-image-jpg

Ken
    Last edited by kjang; 27th July 2013 at 19:34.

Bike: F650GS
    Looks pretty good. Might try taking a photo w/ the bike standing upright on it's kickstand, rather than laying 'er down.

I put the switch on the dash with velco.
    Attached Images Attached Images NC700x w/dct aftermarket LED light-image-jpg NC700x w/dct aftermarket LED light-image-jpg 
    Last edited by kjang; 11th August 2013 at 07:29.

Senior Member NC700x w/dct aftermarket LED light FlaNC700X's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XC
    Just thinking, why didn't you mount the switch somewhere on the handlebars so it would be closer to your hands? Like above the four way flasher light switch?
    John B.

Previous Bikes- XS 400 Yamaha (77), Honda Hawk (78), Honda CB500 , Honda CB600 Custom, Honda GL500, Nighthawk S, FZR 750 Yamaha, CB600F4i, VFR 800, NC700x. National Spearfishing Competitor.

FlaNC700X - I could of, but I chose the dash instead. I just leave it ON. Its wired when the bike is OFF, the lights turn off. When the High Beam is on, then the aux light will go FULL BRIGHT. When the low beam is on, then the aux is half power.

Ken

Bike: 2013 NC700x
    Does it automatically work like that when you plug it into the lighting socket in the sub harness?

EDIT:

I looked at the denali line-up - some have a low beam option and will increase when high beams are turned on (i'm assuming you need to plug into light socket of sub harness for this).
    Last edited by ----x----; 4th March 2016 at 16:51.

Bike: 2014 NC700XD
    My 2014 no longer supports the high beam from aux socket, but you should be good.

Bike: Gl1800
    Quote Originally Posted by ----x---- View Post
    Does it automatically work like that when you plug it into the lighting socket in the sub harness?

EDIT:

I looked at the denali line-up - some have a low beam option and will increase when high beams are turned on (i'm assuming you need to plug into light socket of sub harness for this).
    I have the same question? Why did you hook into battery when you had the wiring harness with the acces. Plug?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike: 2015 NC700XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    My 2014 no longer supports the high beam from aux socket, but you should be good.
    Can you tell me where you get the high beam signal from now ? Do you have to go to the headlight ?

Bike: 2014 NC700XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbjbany View Post
    Can you tell me where you get the high beam signal from now ? Do you have to go to the headlight ?
    I guess I will have to. I had the Tupperware off the bike and wanted to prep it for aux lighting while installing a fuze block when I found that it no longer has the option in the aux harness.