Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Dan Moto Ordered

  1. #1
    Senior Member Dan Moto Ordered Big Thump's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    473

    Dan Moto Ordered

    After seeing and hearing the Youtubes, and reading reviews, I ordered a Dan Moto Titanium. I also ordered the baffle just to see what the difference in levels will be. Hoping the bike sounds as good with it on as what I am hearing through my sub on the computer. Anyone that has one let me know how difficult it was to install on this bike on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being very easy)? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Old Can Ride's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Webster, Texas
    Posts
    6,852
    Noise:

    A sound, esp. one that is loud or unpleasant or that causes disturbance: "making a noise like a pig in a trough".

    We don't ride hogs, so it's got to be ok!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Dan Moto Ordered
    Bike: 2012 nc700x
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Greensburg, IN
    Posts
    517
    Can't speak for the Dan Moto, but my Leo Vince was maybe a 0.2 on a scale from 1 to 5 for difficulty
    2014 Honda GROM
    2013 Honda CBR600RR
    2013 Honda CRF250L
    2012 Honda NC700X

    states visited on a bike

    states visited on the NC

  4. #4
    Senior Member pismocycleguy's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pismo Beach
    Posts
    1,144
    gpd211,
    Good to know. My LeoVince just arrived this afternoon. Installation tomorrow.

  5. #5
    Member Timtone's Avatar
    Bike: NC700S
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kelowna BC
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Thump View Post
    After seeing and hearing the Youtubes, and reading reviews, I ordered a Dan Moto Titanium. I also ordered the baffle just to see what the difference in levels will be. Hoping the bike sounds as good with it on as what I am hearing through my sub on the computer. Anyone that has one let me know how difficult it was to install on this bike on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being very easy)? Thanks.
    Danmoto is no deal at all. If you just bought your first set of spanners....a Five. If you have ever tightened a nut to a bolt....a .2 as mentioned above.
    The biggest issue is if you are using, or want to use, a center stand. Then you will need a way to anchor or stop the 'up' travel of the stand. I made a 'stop' and welded it onto the pipe...in the spirit of the stock unit. Others have found alternate solutions.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ziggie's Avatar
    Bike: 2012nc 700x
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ohio.usa
    Posts
    2,403
    What would be another way for a stop.i have a electric welider. but not a tig?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Dan Moto Ordered Big Thump's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Timtone View Post
    Danmoto is no deal at all. If you just bought your first set of spanners....a Five. If you have ever tightened a nut to a bolt....a .2 as mentioned above.
    The biggest issue is if you are using, or want to use, a center stand. Then you will need a way to anchor or stop the 'up' travel of the stand. I made a 'stop' and welded it onto the pipe...in the spirit of the stock unit. Others have found alternate solutions.
    Thanks, I read your earlier post about the center stand issue. I actually have a lot of mechanical background but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I learn a lot from asking and listening to others smarter than me.
    Not sure I need the center stand as I usually use a track stand I have, and on the road I use a PackJack lift for oiling the chain. If I do decide to get one, I have a friend that is a welder and will use your fix. I really appreciate the quick responses on the forum.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Dan Moto Ordered
    Dan Moto Ordered
    turbodieseli4i6's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X Manual non ABS (07/27/12)
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Thump View Post
    Thanks, I read your earlier post about the center stand issue. I actually have a lot of mechanical background but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I learn a lot from asking and listening to others smarter than me.
    Not sure I need the center stand as I usually use a track stand I have, and on the road I use a PackJack lift for oiling the chain. If I do decide to get one, I have a friend that is a welder and will use your fix. I really appreciate the quick responses on the forum.
    Trust me! A center stand is worth its weight!! I'm curious if the NC with a DanMoto would be too lean? From what I have read its pretty lean in the stock configuration.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Dan Moto Ordered Big Thump's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    473
    Thanks Turbo. I won't rule the Center Stand out then. Unless I change the Air Filter to an aftermarket, with the Fuel Injection, I think it should be ok. I am not removing the CAT. However, I will check the plugs after installation and if needed, I will get a Power Commander to enrich the system. I doubt it though since it is not a full header system.
    Last edited by Big Thump; 12th July 2013 at 03:44.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Bike: 2013 NC700x
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    24
    I just got mine Dan Moto in, does anyone know if I nee a O2 delete? I am going to throw it on tomorrow.

Similar Threads

  1. Fender Extender ordered
    By what next in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16th May 2013, 18:01
  2. Moto GP Austin TX
    By Rygle928 in forum The Bar
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th April 2013, 18:25
  3. Information if you ordered a calendar.
    By Cutter J. Duke in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11th January 2013, 03:07
  4. 10 Items ordered 1 shipped
    By gkgeiger in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st September 2012, 13:32
  5. Test Ride & Ordered NC700X - Minnesota USA
    By MinnetonkaMark in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th July 2012, 12:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •