Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Moto Ordered

Senior Member Dan Moto Ordered Big Thump's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X

Dan Moto Ordered

After seeing and hearing the Youtubes, and reading reviews, I ordered a Dan Moto Titanium. I also ordered the baffle just to see what the difference in levels will be. Hoping the bike sounds as good with it on as what I am hearing through my sub on the computer. Anyone that has one let me know how difficult it was to install on this bike on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being very easy)? Thanks.

Bike: NC700X
    Noise:

A sound, esp. one that is loud or unpleasant or that causes disturbance: "making a noise like a pig in a trough".

We don't ride hogs, so it's got to be ok!

Senior Member Dan Moto Ordered
    Bike: 2012 nc700x
    Can't speak for the Dan Moto, but my Leo Vince was maybe a 0.2 on a scale from 1 to 5 for difficulty
    2014 Honda GROM
    2013 Honda CBR600RR
    2013 Honda CRF250L
    2012 Honda NC700X

states visited on a bike

states visited on the NC

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    gpd211,
    Good to know. My LeoVince just arrived this afternoon. Installation tomorrow.

Bike: NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Thump View Post
    After seeing and hearing the Youtubes, and reading reviews, I ordered a Dan Moto Titanium. I also ordered the baffle just to see what the difference in levels will be. Hoping the bike sounds as good with it on as what I am hearing through my sub on the computer. Anyone that has one let me know how difficult it was to install on this bike on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being very easy)? Thanks.
    Danmoto is no deal at all. If you just bought your first set of spanners....a Five. If you have ever tightened a nut to a bolt....a .2 as mentioned above.
    The biggest issue is if you are using, or want to use, a center stand. Then you will need a way to anchor or stop the 'up' travel of the stand. I made a 'stop' and welded it onto the pipe...in the spirit of the stock unit. Others have found alternate solutions.

Bike: 2012nc 700x
    What would be another way for a stop.i have a electric welider. but not a tig?

Quote Originally Posted by Timtone View Post
    Danmoto is no deal at all. If you just bought your first set of spanners....a Five. If you have ever tightened a nut to a bolt....a .2 as mentioned above.
    The biggest issue is if you are using, or want to use, a center stand. Then you will need a way to anchor or stop the 'up' travel of the stand. I made a 'stop' and welded it onto the pipe...in the spirit of the stock unit. Others have found alternate solutions.
    Thanks, I read your earlier post about the center stand issue. I actually have a lot of mechanical background but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I learn a lot from asking and listening to others smarter than me.
    Not sure I need the center stand as I usually use a track stand I have, and on the road I use a PackJack lift for oiling the chain. If I do decide to get one, I have a friend that is a welder and will use your fix. I really appreciate the quick responses on the forum.

Senior Member Dan Moto Ordered
    Dan Moto Ordered
    Bike: 2012 NC700X Manual non ABS (07/27/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Thump View Post
    Thanks, I read your earlier post about the center stand issue. I actually have a lot of mechanical background but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I learn a lot from asking and listening to others smarter than me.
    Not sure I need the center stand as I usually use a track stand I have, and on the road I use a PackJack lift for oiling the chain. If I do decide to get one, I have a friend that is a welder and will use your fix. I really appreciate the quick responses on the forum.
    Trust me! A center stand is worth its weight!! I'm curious if the NC with a DanMoto would be too lean? From what I have read its pretty lean in the stock configuration.

Thanks Turbo. I won't rule the Center Stand out then. Unless I change the Air Filter to an aftermarket, with the Fuel Injection, I think it should be ok. I am not removing the CAT. However, I will check the plugs after installation and if needed, I will get a Power Commander to enrich the system. I doubt it though since it is not a full header system.
    Last edited by Big Thump; 12th July 2013 at 03:44.

Bike: 2013 NC700x
    I just got mine Dan Moto in, does anyone know if I nee a O2 delete? I am going to throw it on tomorrow.