Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: SHAD Comfort Seat

Super Moderator SHAD Comfort Seat 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by rmezei View Post

Hello,

Also, I'm 6 feet 1 inch, any issues flat footing with this seat system???
    The Shad seat looks slightly taller than the stock seat at the front. But the foam is much softer, so you sink into it. I'd bet you'll feel even lower on the Shad seat, especially after 5000 miles when the foam really breaks in. (I had a Shad for 5000 miles and I have another new one now).
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2017 Honda NC750X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    The Shad seat looks slightly taller than the stock seat at the front. But the foam is much softer, so you sink into it. I'd bet you'll feel even lower on the Shad seat, especially after 5000 miles when the foam really breaks in. (I had a Shad for 5000 miles and I have another new one now).
    Very useful piece of info to know - however, I hope you don't have the new one because the old one is already too squished ??? I hope for that kind of money they have a longer life... ?

Super Moderator SHAD Comfort Seat 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Very useful piece of info to know - however, I hope you don't have the new one because the old one is already too squished ??? I hope for that kind of money they have a longer life... ?
    Well, the actual story was that I had the Shad because it was the best thing going at the time. I used it 5000 miles, then a Saddlemen came along and I switched to it for awhile. After using the Saddlemen, I was no longer happy with the squished Shad. So the Shad was sold. Fast forward a couple years and I ended up with a second NC700 that needed a seat I could tolerate, so I saw a cheap Shad on eBay and put it on for the time being. I think I'll use it only until I can try a Russell that's actually built for me. If the the Russell doesn't pan out, well I don't know what I'll do. (I guess I'll take the Goldwing to Alaska instead of the NC).
    Last edited by 670cc; 17th April 2017 at 07:25.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: None

Hello,

Anybody with a Honda top box, any issues opening the rear seat with the SHAD comfort seat on? Also, I'm 6 feet 1 inch, any issues flat footing with this seat system???
    Yup, I noticed that the Shad seat bumped into the topcase when I first put it on 3 years ago. I still have that happen but it's not much of a problem. I also had some problems with alignment of the seat when I installed it. My post was earlier in this thread.

One issue that I've had come up since then is that the left hand bolt holding the front seat in walks it's way loose from full tight. It does it over 2 or 3 tanks of gas for me. I put some light weight locktite on it and that's stopped it. I don't know if anybody else gets that but you might want to keep an eye on it.

Senior Member SHAD Comfort Seat
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperborea View Post
    One issue that I've had come up since then is that the left hand bolt holding the front seat in walks it's way loose from full tight. It does it over 2 or 3 tanks of gas for me. I put some light weight locktite on it and that's stopped it. I don't know if anybody else gets that but you might want to keep an eye on it.
    Saw this and thought a lock washer might be good option here.

Bike: NC700X
    Broke

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Bike: NC700X DCT
    Got the Shad yesterday and the 20 min. Install took 4 hours. Because my existing stock seat did not have the rubber bushings and steel collar. Priced the parts from Honda at $32 + ship. So i went to Ace and got parts for $6.50. THen installed front. Had to thin the plastic to successfully install the front rubber feet. Had to add felt pads under them to make up for that removed thickness. Then it fit well. Back seat went on easily and shuts/opens easily. The back came with no embroidery that I expected/wanted and was in the Amazon picture. Rode on it first time this morning. Felt good but the proof will be in the next long ride.