Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAD Comfort Seat

Bike: 13' NC700XD , 06' GL1800
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
    Thanks for letting us know the integrity of their reviews is tainted.
    Not sure... Do you think they will not allow negative reviews on their site?
    ~ Lenny ~

Positive emotions are worth every penny! Go for it!
    Ride on, my friend!

Bike: NC700X (Red, manual, ABS)
    Quote Originally Posted by icing777 View Post
    Not sure... Do you think they will not allow negative reviews on their site?
    I feel they incentivize people to submit reviews which may be more glowing than what they may have said in a neutral venue without remuneration, rendering the value of the reviews suspect. Bad idea. Not saying I wouldn't consider their product because of that, but I certainly wouldn't pay any attention to any testimonials on their site now that I know this.

Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagedodger View Post
    I'm willing to give it a try. In the past they've put a lot of effort into the models that they've sold (like the MP3 that Fuzzy mentioned... just not the 500/Fuoco version that I had). Shad makes some really solid products. Hopefully they offer a few different aesthetic options. The price is pretty reasonable compared to a custom job which is good if you're on the East Coast. For some reason the West Coast has a monopoly on saddle upholsterers. I guess that has a lot to do with the weather.
    The West Coast doesn't have a total monopoly on custom seat builders. Sargent seats is located in Jacksonville, FL and they would probably charge about the same as the cost of the Shad to build a custom seat with your choice of cover material and color. The downside is you would have to send them your seats, and Jacksonville may be a little too far South on the East Coast for you.

Bob

Senior Member SHAD Comfort Seat StratTuner's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X model C
    Quote Originally Posted by hozabah View Post
    would have thought you were more of the function over form sort of guy.......
    just saying; to each his own, eh?
    You are right there. It's more important that it be a quality piece of functional engineering than what it looks like. I choose function over form anytime.
    One of my fav. books of all time is Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance which has a lot to say about that subject.

Bike: NC700X, Yamaha Roadstar
    Quote Originally Posted by StratTuner View Post
    You are right there. It's more important that it be a quality piece of functional engineering than what it looks like. I choose function over form anytime.
    When I'm paying the bill, I expect both form and function.

Bike: NC750X
    Does anyone know if this seat is available in the UK ?

Senior Member SHAD Comfort Seat dog's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XDC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
    I feel they incentivize people to submit reviews which may be more glowing than what they may have said in a neutral venue without remuneration, rendering the value of the reviews suspect. Bad idea. Not saying I wouldn't consider their product because of that, but I certainly wouldn't pay any attention to any testimonials on their site now that I know this.
    Then again maybe they are just confident in the value of their products and are trying to get the word out. Giving an incentive like a price break for a review seems more like handing out free samples to me. I would think any taint of the opinions they get return for the price breaks would be minimal, but that's just what I think.... As pretty much ANYTHING should beat the OEM seat, I'm thinking about going for it. (PLUS there is that stupid stripe on the passenger seat thing I mentioned earlier....)
    Last edited by dog; 26th April 2013 at 08:53.

Senior Member SHAD Comfort Seat Rocker66's Avatar
    Bike: 2017 NC750X
    To me the Shad seat looks really neat including the logo. However I think it would be good if Sargent would produce one for the NC as I have always been happy with their products in the past
    4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
    Audere est Facere

Bike: DL1000,GS500,GS850 hack
    So they give you a price break if you post a reveiw,what if you post a bad reveiw??.Are they going to run your card and add some $$$ for a bad reveiw??,you have already paid for the seat!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NC700XAR
    GS850G..BLACK SUNSHINE..The tripod
    GS500..THE PURPLE EXPLORER
    Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook

Bike: 13' NC700XD , 06' GL1800
    Speaking of reviews in general....
    It is really not often that you can make your mind up about a purchase based on the internet reviews.
    I pretty much disregard any review as a given, It's an opinion, no more no less.
    Any WEB site that sells stuff and puts "Reviews" section on it is obviously picking the most glorious sounding ones. Who wrote them? The owners? Thier Web master? Their Site designer? We never know... And I personally do not care since I don't trust them anyway.

On the other hand, owners groups (like ours and many others) have more honest opinions. Still, as we all know opinions may differ and that's OK.
    But at least here (and places like here) one can sift thru the material and make a more or less educated guess about the product, especially because many people post their specifics like height, in seam, weight, etc,.... which one can relate to.

I have a fine grasp of the obvious, don't I? He-he-he .....
    ~ Lenny ~

Positive emotions are worth every penny! Go for it!
    Ride on, my friend!