Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Front Sprocket Case Saver

  1. #1
    Fixed Idea Front Sprocket Case Saver
    Front Sprocket Case Saver
    L.B.S.'s Avatar
    Bike: CBR125R NC700XA
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    5,266

    Front Sprocket Case Saver

    Is there room to fit a case saver of some kind ahead of the front sprocket?

    Random motorcycle of unknown make and model picture, to illustrate:




    I haven't even looked in there yet. I hope there is enough room for something, even if it's simply a curved piece of 1" steel strapping somehow wedged in.


    *cough* HondaBikePro *cough*

  2. #2
    Senior Member Front Sprocket Case Saver
    Bike: 2012 nc700x
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Greensburg, IN
    Posts
    516
    I would imagine there is already one in there. Most chain driven bikes come from the factory with some kind of case saver. If you want to go +1 on the front a lot of times it has to be removed.

    This is all speculation as I have not looked
    2014 Honda GROM
    2013 Honda CBR600RR
    2013 Honda CRF250L
    2012 Honda NC700X

    states visited on a bike

    states visited on the NC

  3. #3
    Fixed Idea Front Sprocket Case Saver
    Front Sprocket Case Saver
    L.B.S.'s Avatar
    Bike: CBR125R NC700XA
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    5,266
    Quote Originally Posted by gpd211 View Post
    I would imagine there is already one in there. Most chain driven bikes come from the factory with some kind of case saver. If you want to go +1 on the front a lot of times it has to be removed.

    This is all speculation as I have not looked
    Hmmph. I've been buying the wrong chain drive bikes all these years, apparently lol None of them have had one!

    It's possible there might be a vestigial metal reinforcement strip in the plastic of the sprocket cover, but I have as yet to confirm this too.

    Thought briefly about a larger sprocket swap and room to fit potential, but I don't think that there are going to be very many people gearing the NCX down even more. Having said that, there still is the ability to do that with the rear if desperately needed, I guess.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Oldenuf's Avatar
    Bike: Honda NC700x
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pacific North West
    Posts
    204
    The NC has a case saver.

  5. #5
    Fixed Idea Front Sprocket Case Saver
    Front Sprocket Case Saver
    L.B.S.'s Avatar
    Bike: CBR125R NC700XA
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    5,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldenuf View Post
    The NC has a case saver.

    Thanks

    Yaay!/Booo!

    Good that it has one, bad that I might still try to spend money I can't afford, to put in a "better" one.

    lol

  6. #6

    Supporting Vendor

    Front Sprocket Case Saver
    Front Sprocket Case Saver
    Front Sprocket Case Saver
    HONDABIKEPRO's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X nc700xd
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    WASHINGTON ST lakewood
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by L.B.S. View Post
    Is there room to fit a case saver of some kind ahead of the front sprocket?

    Random motorcycle of unknown make and model picture, to illustrate:




    I haven't even looked in there yet. I hope there is enough room for something, even if it's simply a curved piece of 1" steel strapping somehow wedged in.


    *cough* HondaBikePro *cough*
    I am coughing, i have had the flu the last few days. no place to mount a guard in the front cover.. but if you keep a good chain on it, and adjusted correctly should not be a issue on braking a chain. dale

  7. #7
    Fixed Idea Front Sprocket Case Saver
    Front Sprocket Case Saver
    L.B.S.'s Avatar
    Bike: CBR125R NC700XA
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    5,266
    Quote Originally Posted by HONDABIKEPRO View Post
    I am coughing, i have had the flu the last few days. no place to mount a guard in the front cover.. but if you keep a good chain on it, and adjusted correctly should not be a issue on braking a chain. dale

    the flu, yuck! that's no fun. 'sposed to be quite bad this year

Similar Threads

  1. Give the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED
    By lamlamz in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 19th March 2019, 01:04
  2. Sprocket change?
    By Drifter in forum NC700 Technical
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 23rd February 2017, 13:26
  3. Changing the counter shaft sprocket or rear wheel sprocket
    By pismocycleguy in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 13th May 2015, 06:43
  4. Great Site to help you figure out best sprocket combo's
    By RubenAlonzo in forum NC700 Technical
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th January 2013, 11:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •