Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Put a cheap slip on my NC, got a check engine light

Senior Member Put a cheap slip on my NC, got a check engine light davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Good job....I failed to mention in my earlier post...when I went thru the procedure of disconnecting the dash wires and battery...I found i had loose connections for my 12 volt adapter, my battery tender, and my usb connector (I dont have a power/fuse block installed-need to get one of those)...which tightening those down could have fixed the issue (without disconnecting the dash)....... I remember when I was a kid in the 60s, with my model trains and electric figure 8 race car tracks; sometimes they wouldnt get electricity even though everything looked connected...would have to disconnect the tracks and use a pencil eraser over the connection points and boom,,,everything worked....electrons can be finicky sometimes....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: Honda NC700X
    Good to read that your problem is fixed. I am going to try to put my IXIL slip on back on this weekend and see how it rides.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Awesome! Always feels good to fix something and it not cost anything!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    When something does need fixing, that's my favorite kindPut a cheap slip on my NC, got a check engine light

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by davidc83 View Post
    Good job....I failed to mention in my earlier post...when I went thru the procedure of disconnecting the dash wires and battery...I found i had loose connections for my 12 volt adapter, my battery tender, and my usb connector (I dont have a power/fuse block installed-need to get one of those)...which tightening those down could have fixed the issue (without disconnecting the dash)....... I remember when I was a kid in the 60s, with my model trains and electric figure 8 race car tracks; sometimes they wouldnt get electricity even though everything looked connected...would have to disconnect the tracks and use a pencil eraser over the connection points and boom,,,everything worked....electrons can be finicky sometimes....
    I have these installed, I have the fuse block in the wall next to the frunk on the left side

OLS 10-Way Blade Fuse Box [LED Indicator for Blown Fuse] [Protection Cover] [100 Amps] - Fuse Block for Automotive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QMULSUI..._jnfF6MFuNgLzi

And the ground block installed on the right side
    ONLINE LED STORE 12-Way Modular Ground Terminal Block [Expand with Up to 12 Fuses] [Protective Cover] [Copper Bus Bar] Distribution Block for Jeep Tru https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PL9T6Q2..._38Qjtfbyrh1c4

There are better options but this was the cheapest that works

Senior Member Put a cheap slip on my NC, got a check engine light davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Yea, I mean to get one but always slip my mine; until I want to add something else...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: Honda NC700X
    Ok, a quick update: Last saturday I reinstalled my IXIL Hyperlow 3 slipon and went for a little drive, backroads and highway. No problems at all and everything sounded fine. Sunday I also went for a drive, backroads and highway also no problems. Today I went to work on my bike and after my highway stint I came into town and I noticed something was off. The sound of the bike was more "raspy"/loudly and it backfired when I rolled off the throttle. Sounds cool but also a bit worrying if you ask me. I had ridden 220km's right now, no check engine warning light. Although I would not be surprised if it would pop up when i'm driving home today.

Keeping you posted.

Edit: Made it home without a problem, listened to the engine and exhaust more closely an does not sound that bad actually. Must have been the nerves of maybe happening the same thing that already happened. 280km's done now and no problems.
    Last edited by Bugs; 23rd October 2019 at 09:41.