Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 2015 DCT wide footpads

  1. #1
    Senior Member GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    681

    2015 DCT wide footpads

    anyone have any experience with these:
    For CBR1000RR Fireblade 2008-15 Anti-slip Front Wider Foot Pegs 40mm Extension | eBay

    I'm looking for wider/sturdier footpads and not interested in the price of the SW Motechs. Concern with the above is whether the adjusting screw is sturdy enough or will the peg move with weight on it.

    also saw these -- claim they are steel rather than aluminum:
    Cast Steel Front Foot Peg Footrest for Off Road Motorcycle CQR CRF BBR TTR | eBay

  2. #2
    Senior Member 2015 DCT wide footpads GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Seneca SC
    Posts
    207
    I am can recommend these

    Black CNC 40mm Adjustable Riser Front Touring Foot Pegs For Honda NC700 S/X 2012-2016 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792W8XNB..._-0fwDbSV9PJQ9


    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

    Two wheels and keels

  3. #3
    Senior Member GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    681
    Awesome, thanks. Just ordered them.

    Youíre in Seneca? I spent 4.5 years at that little university down the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member 2015 DCT wide footpads
    Bike: SV,NC,berg 570s
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    380
    I have something similar to GgarryP but minus the drop stuff. They work well for me.
    12 NC700X
    11 FE570
    11 FS570
    15 450/520XCF SM

  5. #5
    Senior Member GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Awesome, thanks. Just ordered them.

    Youíre in Seneca? I spent 4.5 years at that little university down the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Installed the foot pegs and the work very well. The adjustment is a bit goofy due to the use of these little steel pins to lock the splines at the angles you set - so when adjusting the angles after itís on the bike you have to be really careful because those pins will fall out and the are tiny.

    But once done they are very nice. Excellent grip, big enough but not too big, and the ability to drop the pegs up to 40mm is great.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member 2015 DCT wide footpads GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Seneca SC
    Posts
    207
    I agree with you. I dropped mine also. I've had no problem with dragging them. You may need to adjust the brake pedal too.
    I angled mine forward one notch (15 degrees?) to better match my foot position.

    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

    Two wheels and keels

  7. #7
    Senior Member Rapturee's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Post Falls IDAHO
    Posts
    1,404
    Haha too funny. I have been watching those wondering just how sturdy they really are. So good to hear, thanks MEN!! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Rapturee's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Post Falls IDAHO
    Posts
    1,404

    cast steel

    Hey Greg. I see their Ad claims those are "Cast Steel", they are not. I machine a lot of materials and i would be willing to bet, just from the pictures alone, that is a "lost in translation issue". They appear to me to be cast aluminum, and i would not trust them to be strong enough to hold up to an average adults weight when riding and stand up on the pegs for any amount of time... buyer beware there man!!! :{

    The other ones you both posted are clearly CNC'd aluminum and those are amazingly strong, i would buy and trust those. :{)
    Last edited by Rapturee; 26th August 2019 at 18:55. Reason: rented fingers, though my lease is about up
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

  9. #9
    Senior Member GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by GgarryP View Post
    I agree with you. I dropped mine also. I've had no problem with dragging them. You may need to adjust the brake pedal too.
    I angled mine forward one notch (15 degrees?) to better match my foot position.

    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Me too - angled forward one notch for good fit in the riding position.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member 2015 DCT wide footpads
    Bike: SV,NC,berg 570s
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    Hey Greg. I see their Ad claims those are "Cast Steel", they are not. I machine a lot of materials and i would be willing to bet, just from the pictures alone, that is a "lost in translation issue". They appear to me to be cast aluminum, and i would not trust them to be strong enough to hold up to an average adults weight when riding and stand up on the pegs for any amount of time... buyer beware there man!!! :{

    The other ones you both posted are clearly CNC'd aluminum and those are amazingly strong, i would buy and trust those. :{)
    while I agree the pictured ones appear to be aluminum, cast steel pegs are common on dirtbikes.
    12 NC700X
    11 FE570
    11 FS570
    15 450/520XCF SM

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone tried/Mounted M-Factory Wide Pegs
    By Jut8 in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12th May 2018, 10:22
  2. How wide with OEM Honda Sidecase
    By DOHCtor in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18th October 2015, 12:00
  3. Wide Foot Pegs Review
    By admin in forum NC700 News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th December 2014, 20:13
  4. Riding Boots for Wide Feet?
    By Hyperborea in forum Safety Equipment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13th April 2014, 10:45
  5. wide angle mirrors
    By kjang in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th August 2013, 07:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •