Thread: Ordered Spiegler Stainless braided Brake Lines

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700XE

Ordered Spiegler Stainless braided Brake Lines

Shipped today but I'll wait until it's time to change brake fluid before installing. Maybe this winter. I would have waited to order but I learned sometimes the product is no longer available once I need it. I was hoping to find a set of Speed Bleeders too but their website doesn't show them for the NC700X. I emailed them to ask because there's a wide range of metric sizes & I'd think some may work. I don't know the thread pitch & size of the stock screws.

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    Are you having issues with the original brake lines? Or do you just prefer braided lines?

JT

Senior Member Ordered Spiegler Stainless braided Brake Lines
    Bike: 2013 NC700x/w DCT
    I would venture a guess that the bleeder screw thread size on the caliper is pretty much the same on all Honda bikes. The last two or three Hondas I've owned appeared to use the exact same bleeder screw. If you go to a web based site, such as CheapCycleParts.com, you can do comparisons and since the bleeder screw is considered a piece of hardware in Hondaworld, it will have a number similar to a bolt or nut. That may be a way for you to order speed bleeders from another model that will fit your NC700X.

The other "normal parts have" 3-digits/letters in the middle of the P/N sequence that is the Model Code from when the bike was first designed, such as MB0, MN5, etc.
    Last edited by DirtFlier; 9th July 2019 at 07:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Jt105 View Post
    Are you having issues with the original brake lines? Or do you just prefer braided lines?

JT
    Stock brake lines are fine. I'll keep this bike until I'm too old to ride which may be another 10-15 years & by then I'd replace the lines anyway. I thought I'd make the most of that single front disc until then. Update: They said the Speed Bleeder part is: SB8125L for front & rear.
    Last edited by Juan_Banjovy; 9th July 2019 at 10:30.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Hey Juan, so you ordered a new pair of brake lines(for front & rear), what did that run you may i ask? Could you share the link, i'd like to check them out. :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan_Banjovy View Post
    Shipped today but I'll wait until it's time to change brake fluid before installing. Maybe this winter. I would have waited to order but I learned sometimes the product is no longer available once I need it. I was hoping to find a set of Speed Bleeders too but their website doesn't show them for the NC700X. I emailed them to ask because there's a wide range of metric sizes & I'd think some may work. I don't know the thread pitch & size of the stock screws.
    I have some on the way also, but mine will go onto 3 pot front calipers. Will see how big the difference is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Ordered Spiegler Stainless braided Brake Lines
    Bike: 2013 NC700x/w DCT
    Although I've never made the swap to braided lines on any of my bikes, I'd guess that not much difference could be felt when the bike and its brake hoses are fairly new.
    Last edited by DirtFlier; 9th July 2019 at 16:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    Hey Juan, so you ordered a new pair of brake lines(for front & rear), what did that run you may i ask? Could you share the link, i'd like to check them out. :{)
    $129.95 for both front & rear plus $13.50 for shipping. A little more than OEM price but should last longer. Comes in different colors for extra $$ but I got standard clear cover over silver. Bikebandit has OEM front & rear at $41.95 & $37.95. I got mine direct from Spiegler but Revzilla has the same price & has a video + reviews so I'll use that link: Spiegler Front And Rear Brake Line Kit Honda NC700X 2012-2016 - RevZilla