Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Slip on exhaust adapter?

Bike: NC700s

Question Slip on exhaust adapter?

Hi all,

I got a slip on exhaust from a buddy of mine.
    It should fit, but where can i get an adapter with the right length and curve to go from the exhaust to my manifold?

Thanks!

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    I've gotten two different mid pipes from two different companies (heck two different sources even, one wish, one Amazon) and they appear to be the same exact, build quality is fine but the dimensions and angle are wrong.

The side closer to the is too small to fit with the exhaust gasket and the angle ends up pointing the exhaust tip at my OEM side case, so a fail in two ways

Cuque Motorcycle Exhaust Middle Link Pipe Stainless Steel Exhaust Vent Middle Tube 40-51mm Exhaust Middle Pipe for HONDA NC700X NC750X NC750S NC700S 2012-2017 Amazon.com: Cuque Motorcycle Exhaust Middle Link Pipe Stainless Steel Exhaust Vent Middle Tube 40-51mm Exhaust Middle Pipe for HONDA NC700X NC750X NC750S NC700S 2012-2017: Automotive

If you find a part that works please share

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Both of you may want to stop off at your local Muffler shop and see what they'd charge to make one for you as they have the knowledge, experience and materials to do it right for you the first time!
    ...just a thought. :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    Both of you may want to stop off at your local Muffler shop and see what they'd charge to make one for you as they have the knowledge, experience and materials to do it right for you the first time!
    ...just a thought. :{)
    Generally I'd agree but I've asked a few places and the best quote I've gotten was $160 and I'm confident I can do better then that

I'm just getting around to riding again and some time before summer is over I'll have a buddy weld it up for me if I can't modify one of the pieces I've already purchased (my welder is cheap crap and I'm a mediocre welder) I'm thinking of removing my CAT at the same time (90,000 miles of use anyway) one way or another it'll all work out

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Roger that. He may easily be able to modify one of the pipes you have already purchased. Good idea. $160 is pretty steep, i would not pay that either. I too have been kicking around the idea of a new header pipe-Cat delete. I have looked at it alot and think it would be worth doing but to at Black-Widow prices... yikes. Keep us posted Rip, i'd like to see it. :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!