Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda NC700x

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    After looking a bit I found my winglets shake a some. I'm not worried, but I do wonder a bit on how they affect my gas mileage.....

Bike: 2017 Honda NC750X DCT
    Hey all - has anyone removed the winglets brackets all together? I'm not too fond of them to be honest and it's not even the shakiness and flexiness of them that bothers me... it's that I may want to add hand guards (the oem honda ones) and that won't happen with the winglets in place - I don't want risers btw. I imagine the nylock nuts will just continue to thread on the bolts accordingly even if there is more to grab (i.e. the plates / brackets of the winglets taken out the nuts will thread more is all). Any concerns???

If anything I think the shield will also vibrate less.

Thanks,
    Rob

Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by rmezei View Post
    Hey all - has anyone removed the winglets brackets all together? I'm not too fond of them to be honest and it's not even the shakiness and flexiness of them that bothers me... it's that I may want to add hand guards (the oem honda ones) and that won't happen with the winglets in place - I don't want risers btw. I imagine the nylock nuts will just continue to thread on the bolts accordingly even if there is more to grab (i.e. the plates / brackets of the winglets taken out the nuts will thread more is all). Any concerns???

If anything I think the shield will also vibrate less.

Thanks,
    Rob
    No concerns. Don't feel like the winglets do much so I've been riding without them for past 4000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Red NC700X - Givi FZ1111, Shad Comfort Seat, Moose Racing 47L Expedition Trunk, Barkbuster Storm, Adjustable levers, Denali Light Bracket, generic LED driving lights

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    They keep some wind off the lower body i think. It got hot here so I took them off to see and didn't notice much difference. This morning on the way home it was in the mid fifties, I now feel like it does let more air across your hands and lower body.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    I removed the winglets when it warmed up.
    I do not think there is a huge difference, but there is more air on the arms and maybe upper legs.
    I am considering putting stock back on for the summer.
    With the stock windshield the air hits me in the chest and the helmet is in clean air.
    I need some more air for the Oklahoma summer.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Bike: 2017 Honda NC750X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I removed the winglets when it warmed up.
    I do not think there is a huge difference, but there is more air on the arms and maybe upper legs.
    I am considering putting stock back on for the summer.
    With the stock windshield the air hits me in the chest and the helmet is in clean air.
    I need some more air for the Oklahoma summer.
    Well, the thing is that the reason I want them off is so I can put hand guards so then I won't need them... the hand guards will protect more anyways!

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    Mirrors, windshield, handguards, and handlebars form a complex system. It seems like if you change one thing you are going to wind up making more changes.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Bike: 2016 NC700XD/2016 BMW R1200RS
    I am very pleased with the performance of the 20" Madstad without the winglets. My helmet is in a dead air space with some circulation around my arms but no wind pressure on my torso. I am 5'-11" with 31" inseam.

Bike: 2014 NC700X
    Try Quiet Ride Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by westgl View Post
    Mark at Madstad is a great guy to deal with, he truly wants to make you happy.

I had him do a custom shield system for a bike that he did not make a windshield system for, it came out awesome.

I had to use ear plugs as the wind noise was very bad and can damage your hearing in no time.

after the addition of the madsatd system I dont need to wear any ear plugs, most of the loud wind noise pollution is gone.

It is surprising the difference it makes in noise, and smoothing out the air, the only time i have had any head buffeting is when the wind is very gusty, that is not very often, actually very rare, but it is still much better than it was

Only problem is when you get the Madstad shield installed, and you are able to enjoy longer rides, In more comfort, then the seat is going to be a PAIN in the A$$

Bike: NC700X
    I first installed my Madstad system according to the included instructions, went for a ride. It was certainly better than the stock screen, but still had a little buffeting.

So i decided to try flipping the winglets upside down to block the air coming up around my head. Success!

With the winglets flipped, my torso and head are riding in a nice quiet pocket of air :-)

Deano

MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda NC700x-madstad-winglets-jpg