Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the Madstad windscreen too effective?

Senior Member Is the Madstad windscreen too effective?
    Bike: SV,NC,berg 570s
    I searched google for the image and found https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blesiya-Mot...t=1&pldnSite=1

I then searched ebay for NC700 windscreen adjuster and got Motorcycle Windscreen Adjusters Windshield Bracket for HONDA NC700X 2012-2015 | eBay for a bit less money
    12 NC700X
    11 FE570
    11 FS570
    15 450/520XCF SM

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
    I remove the Madstad winglets in the summer along with the plastic covers over the Barkbuster hand guards. This give me enough air.

If all else fails its just 4 screws/nuts to swap the screen you have for a smaller/shorter Madstad screen.
    I'm thinking of adding Barkbusters and am curious if you have any issues with the Barkbusters hitting you Madstad, or the Madstad winglets?

Senior Member Is the Madstad windscreen too effective? dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    I'm thinking of adding Barkbusters and am curious if you have any issues with the Barkbusters hitting you Madstad, or the Madstad winglets?
    I have a Madstad and Barkbuster Storms. If you want wind protection for touring these are good.

I had to trim 1" off each bottom lower edge of the screen so the Barkbuster skeleton wouldn't hit it. No problem, the shield was too wide at the bottom to begin with. A couple years later I added SW Motech 30mm risers with 20mm of pull back. If I had these on the bike when I added the Madstad the BBs wouldn't hit it with the rise and the pull back. They don't sell these risers anymore but there might be others like them.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
    I had to trim 1" off each bottom lower edge of the screen so the Barkbuster skeleton wouldn't hit it...
    I presume no issue with the winglets? Just the bottom edge of the windscreen was an issue?

Senior Member Is the Madstad windscreen too effective? dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    I presume no issue with the winglets? Just the bottom edge of the windscreen was an issue?
    The winglets have never been at issue on mine. The bars are well above the winglets.

In this picture off the Madstad web site you can project where the Barkbuster will touch the screen at full lock turned right, if they hit at all.. Because of the wide range of height adjustment the bars may clear the shield on certain bikes at certain adjustments and not on with others. I have a 20" normally set in the full down position. The Barkbusters hit the lower edges, the projections at the bottom corners of the current Madstad screen. (Originally on 1st gen screens those projections were not there) The pictured 2016-18 windshield it also fully down and if might clear with no trimming but if the shield was raised up it would hit.
    Attached Images Attached Images Is the Madstad windscreen too effective?-2016_nc700x_frosted_02_large-jpg 
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    I tried those adjustable brackets with the stock small windscreen and it made no difference. Still have them around here somewhere.