Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Madstad windscreen too effective?

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Ahh, you have the lowers too, that probably helps a lot. Good looking setup though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Ahh, you have the lowers too, that probably helps a lot. Good looking setup though.
    That is the standard set up from madstad
    Last edited by melensdad; 10th June 2019 at 15:58.

Senior Member Is the Madstad windscreen too effective? dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    The lower "winglets" are standard but they are removable. I think I stated earlier in this thread that I take them off in warm weather, allowing more air against my lower torso but this does not affect air flow to the face or helmet.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
    The lower "winglets" are standard but they are removable. I think I stated earlier in this thread that I take them off in warm weather, allowing more air against my lower torso but this does not affect air flow to the face or helmet.
    Ha, I see now. I read where you said that, but I really did not know what you were talking about and didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Senior Member Is the Madstad windscreen too effective? superdedooperman's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 Red Honda NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Has anyone tried the adjustable height slider brackets that can be bought for the Honda tall screen online for under $30? (edit: or know their height) At 6'2 the wind hits my ears pretty good as if flies through my helmet. Ducking about 3 inches is peaceful again bu not good for the neck and back. don't like earplugs or headphones, I prefer to hear everything around me, especially in the city.
    Attachment 38369
    I tried these a couple weeks back actually. They would not fit the MRA variotouring screen I have. Can't say about fitting any other screen, but they weren't far enough apart to fit that screen. I was bummed because I was looking forward to being able to use them.

Bike: NC700X
    I think I have perhaps the first Madstad or one of the first three. I sent them a lot of pictures and measurements anyway. No winglets then (2013).

Bike: 750 XD, FLHTC, Can Am RT
    I'm 5'11" and run the 20" screen with full forward tilt and 1" from the top. It's pretty much perfect. When I first mounted it I found the Honda hand guards touched the screen a bit more than I liked. So I pulled the guards and screwed on the winglets. I rode all winter like that and was quite comfortable.

So far here in Virginia I'm still OK but I use a very light jacket and 1/2 hat in the summer. That helps a lot.

If I needed more cooling, I too would pull the winglets first then lower and tilt the shield back. But sometimes clean air is like a blow dryer set on high a foot from your face. Be careful what you wish for.

I thought six months ago I would lower the shield come summer. So far I've not moved a thing.

I

Senior Member Is the Madstad windscreen too effective?
    Bike: '14 DCT
    Removing the windscreen will get rid of your buffeting
    "Roads are just a suggestion, like pants."

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Has anyone tried the adjustable height slider brackets that can be bought for the Honda tall screen online for under $30? (edit: or know their height) At 6'2 the wind hits my ears pretty good as if flies through my helmet. Ducking about 3 inches is peaceful again bu not good for the neck and back. don't like earplugs or headphones, I prefer to hear everything around me, especially in the city.
    Attachment 38369
    I can answer my question. Don't bother. Maybe, and that's a big maybe- you could re-drill the polycarb to work with these sliders but they still don't line up or want to attach to the bracket over the headlight. So far on the garage upgrades: pipe, adj. pegs, tank protector, +3; windshield adjusters -1. Should have gone with a clip on extension.

Bike: 2015 nc700x
    Jeffro,
    Would like to give those a try. But can't find the product. Can you tell me where available?
    Thank you,
    Steve