Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top boxes: go cheap or go brand?

Bike: NC700X
    There is no way this storage is 72L. The second picture barely fits two standard helmets. I guess the additional space could be had by increased in height but still doesn't seem like its 72L at all.

vidaXL Motorbike Top Case 72L for 2 Helmet Motorcycle Bag Pannier Back Luggage: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

2014 Red NC700X - Givi FZ1111, Shad Comfort Seat, Moose Racing 47L Expedition Trunk, Barkbuster Storm, Adjustable levers, Denali Light Bracket, generic LED driving lights

Senior Member Top boxes: go cheap or go brand?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by kumatae View Post
    There is no way this storage is 72L. The second picture barely fits two standard helmets. I guess the additional space could be had by increased in height but still doesn't seem like its 72L at all.

vidaXL Motorbike Top Case 72L for 2 Helmet Motorcycle Bag Pannier Back Luggage: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
    That was the same thing I thought so I checked the dimensions. If the dimensions are right the math works out.

On a side note. Photo of a 58L with a HCJ medium and a Zox small.

Top boxes: go cheap or go brand?-p1040198w-jpg

Bike: NC700XA-C
    I suppose I said 72, because that's what the advert said - bigger and better, right? But yeah, if it can fit a helmet on one side and spare gloves, small first aid kit and waterproofs on the other, I'm golden: what size do people think covers that?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Bike: NC700XA-C
    Just thought I'd confirm the eventual outcome of my dilemma: I went brand.

Givi 47 litre capacity top box.: It's rated to be able to take more weight within it than the cheep alternatives on eBay, and I'll occasionally need to carry a spare helmet boots and trousers for my wife - which does fit in here (just!).

When we go out together on it, it's also large enough to hold both our helmets (of which my Nolan is too wide to fit in the frunk anyway).

The photo here is the box resting on the Honda luggage shelf - but the universal Givi mount bolted to that readily enough (with a couple of holes drilled through for good measure!) and I couldn't be happier. Or poorer, but then hopefully I've paid for quality that'll last...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk