Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are There Ways to Change the NC700X Ergonomics for Bigger/Taller Riders?

Bike: CRF1000L, NC700X, KLR

Are There Ways to Change the NC700X Ergonomics for Bigger/Taller Riders?

I have an Africa Twin and KLR and both of these bikes fit my size (6'+, 260lbs) well. This seems to be in large part to having a taller seat height, lower foot pegs and longer, flatter seats.

When i sit on my daughter's DCT NC700X, I love the powerplant, but I just don't fit on the bike well at all. The seat pocket is too tight for me and forces me up on the frunk. The seat height is too low and pegs are too high.

Are there mods out there to raise and flatten the seat, lower the foot pegs and even better to add ground clearance?

Do I just need to stick with bigger bikes for bigger folks?

Bike: 72 Shovelhead and a 2012 NC700X DCT
    I'm 6'2" and 190#. I have a Shad comfort seat on mine, but I only have the Shad seat installed, I took the pillon off and put the stock one back on to make more room in the saddle. I leveled the seat (check for "seat slope mod"). I also installed 30mm handlebar risers, and a set of highway pegs. Then adjusted everything to where it felt comfortable.

I have done 500 mile days on it, and not felt too bad. It helps to have the highway pegs just to give yourself a change of position. They do make drop pegs for the NC, but I am looking for wider, longer and more aggressive. If it also happens to have a drop version I would probably do that too.

Everyone is different, but hopefully my experiences will translate a little, and give you a starting point. If you get to Colorado, let me know and you can try mine for size.
    Last edited by ColoradoChris; 19th September 2018 at 11:59.

Super Moderator Are There Ways to Change the NC700X Ergonomics for Bigger/Taller Riders? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    The Seat Concepts kit raises the seat, particularly in the front, it’s wider, and eliminates the slope. The Russell Day Long seat can be built however you want to raise you even more. You can get pegs are maybe 1 inch lower. You could also use highway pegs to get your feet out and give you more leg room.

One problem, IMO, with the NC that you can’t do much about is that the foot pegs are a bit too far rearward.
    Last edited by 670cc; 19th September 2018 at 09:20.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2012 NC700X manual
    I'm 6' - 210 lbs and have done following; Seat Concepts tall seat - Knight Designs lower foot pegs and Rox risers for the handle bars. These have made the NC700 pretty comfortable for me.
    Last edited by Ackme; 9th October 2018 at 18:56.

Senior Member Are There Ways to Change the NC700X Ergonomics for Bigger/Taller Riders? MalcolmReynolds's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    I have a 36" inseam so I am always looking for legroom, seat room on my bikes. I don't off road my NC so I went with the Russell Day Long saddle with raises you up and gives you room to slide back. It is a pretty comfortable all day riding saddle for the road. I also went with the Knight Design lowering pegs, and the handle bar risers. The bike ergos are pretty comfortable for on road riding. If I were off roading it I would have probably gone with the Seat Concepts tall seat option instead of the Russell. So there are ways to make the NC roomy and comfortable.

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackme View Post
    I'm 6' - 210 lbs and have done following; Seat Concepts tall seat - Knight Designs lower foot pers and Rox risers for the handle bars. These have made the NC700 pretty comfortable for me.
    Just a question, but with the lowered right foot peg does your foot naturally sit on the brake pedal? With the standard pegs I reach my toe down to depress the brake. I've thought about the lowered pegs but have always wondered if my foot would end up resting on the brake.

Super Moderator Are There Ways to Change the NC700X Ergonomics for Bigger/Taller Riders? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    Just a question, but with the lowered right foot peg does your foot naturally sit on the brake pedal? With the standard pegs I reach my toe down to depress the brake. I've thought about the lowered pegs but have always wondered if my foot would end up resting on the brake.
    The brake pedal height is adjustable to some degree. The previous owner of one of my NCs had low pegs and the brake pedal was adjusted adequately to compensate. When I restored stock pegs, I adjusted the brake pedal back to where it needed to be for stock pegs.

Fortunately the controls are all adjustable within a limited range, and something I do right away with a new bike is set the levers and pedals to accommodate me and my riding position. Some people overlook that step.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: CRF1000L, NC700X, KLR
    How long does it take to swap out the stock saddle for a taller aftermarket one?

Wondering if I can buy an aftermarket saddle and just interchange them depending on who is riding that day.

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    It only takes five minutes to change the seat.
    Actually pegs, risers, and seat can all be changed pretty quickly. The second time, that is.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Senior Member Are There Ways to Change the NC700X Ergonomics for Bigger/Taller Riders?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    How long does it take to swap out the stock saddle for a taller aftermarket one?

Wondering if I can buy an aftermarket saddle and just interchange them depending on who is riding that day.
    Two screws