Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switched Power for LED Driving Lights

Bike: 2016 Honda NC700X ABS DCT, 2015 BMW K1600 GTLE
    Quote Originally Posted by kumatae View Post
    I have the subharness and was running my lights but it keeps flickering and been unreliable. I'm not interested in taking the bike apart to troubleshoot to the subharness. The heated grips and charging accessories are working fine that are on the subharness. I've disconnected the LED light and want to connect it directly to the battery on a switched power source since I'm pretty sure that one day I'll forget and end up with a dead bike. Any ideas? I'm pretty handy but I haven't seen anything that allows you to connect the LED lights to be only on when the bike is on. Inputs would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    I think Your LED lights are going bad. Same thing happened to me on my H7 LED bulbs. I have just replaced after close to 2 years.

Super Moderator Switched Power for LED Driving Lights 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by kumatae View Post
    I have the subharness and was running my lights but it keeps flickering and been unreliable. I'm not interested in taking the bike apart to troubleshoot to the subharness. The heated grips and charging accessories are working fine that are on the subharness. I've disconnected the LED light and want to connect it directly to the battery on a switched power source since I'm pretty sure that one day I'll forget and end up with a dead bike. Any ideas? I'm pretty handy but I haven't seen anything that allows you to connect the LED lights to be only on when the bike is on. Inputs would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKas View Post
    I think Your LED lights are going bad. Same thing happened to me on my H7 LED bulbs. I have just replaced after close to 2 years.
    I agree with Matt that the source of your flickering lights may be the lights themselves. If the other items running from your subharness are OK, about the only possible subharness fault would be the connection of the light’s wiring to the harness. That would be easy to check. All of the items running on the subharness share the same relay. Be open to the possibility that if you switch the power source of the lights to a new relay wired to the battery, your lights might still flicker if they are bad.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: NC700X
    Spent yesterday re-installing my led lights with a separate wiring harness that came with a relay. All went well is working and no more flickering! I skipped the switch since I just wanted the lights on whenever I was riding was good enough for me. Also I mistakenly bought H4 led lightbulb and installed it to the headlight. And yes aware of the glare and etc. Appreciate all the feedbacks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Red NC700X - Givi FZ1111, Shad Comfort Seat, Moose Racing 47L Expedition Trunk, Barkbuster Storm, Adjustable levers, Denali Light Bracket, generic LED driving lights

Super Moderator
    Bike: NC700x, ST1300, XR250L, CX500 Turbo, TRX350fwd, CT90, C70, TRX250, TRX 500, VFR1200x
    Take the same picture from a 100 Yards back...........can the front turn signals be seen or are they hidden in the light wash?

Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by showkey View Post
    Take the same picture from a 100 Yards back...........can the front turn signals be seen or are they hidden in the light wash?
    Good call. Iím not sure. Iíll have to check tomorrow and is something I definitely want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Red NC700X - Givi FZ1111, Shad Comfort Seat, Moose Racing 47L Expedition Trunk, Barkbuster Storm, Adjustable levers, Denali Light Bracket, generic LED driving lights