Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LED Headlight swap.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Is that beam tech H4 a plug n play swap for the H4 in the nc700 (12-16)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, and you don't need to cut the rubber boot as some have done

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Boot question that you already answered.
    Last edited by flyinfree.00; 11th July 2018 at 18:55. Reason: Already answered

Long needle noise pliers to open the latch (opens on one side and swings open like a gate) is the only tool needed the rest is easily done by hand

Quote Originally Posted by flyinfree.00 View Post
    Boot question that you already answered.
    Trying to be as accurate and simple as possible, some on here are new to working on vehicles or at least motorcycles, I want to be specific, sometimes that leads to being redundant. Either way others have posted about having to cut the rubber boot, that would make it so moisture could get into your light housing and would be a mistake

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    I typed out a question and you had already answered before i posted...LED Headlight swap.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Senior Member LED Headlight swap. davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    As the NC750x is new in the US (and most of us hasn't even seen one yet), to answer the OP, probably no one in the US is going to be able to answer your original question with certainty-only a guess. Only the overseas owners might know only if they had thought of trying to do a complete swap....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremefreak View Post
    Hello,

Is it possible to sawp the entire headlight assembly on my 2016 NC700X DCT (USA) to one of the newer LED units from the NC750X?

Thanks!
    According to this post on the UK forums and the blog from the original poster- the led headlight (which was fitted to the euro models in 2016) fits earlier halogen equiped bikes, but the connectors are completely different:
    2015 Headlight -> 2016 Headlight, now Converting.. but Connecter different!,,, - Electrical Items - The Honda NC Owners Forum
    남쓰민's 일상 취미공간 nc750s aveo : 네이버 블로그
    (Thanks davidc83 for the push)

Senior Member LED Headlight swap. StratTuner's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X model C
    Quote Originally Posted by superdedooperman View Post
    I think you would be better off to buy an LED bulb if you wanted to have and LED headlight. Not sure it's worth it to swap the entire assembly. Unless you're just a fan of the way it looks over the older model.
    At that price it would be better (sensibly cheaper) to replace the existing bulb. It's not fun and scratches your hand up, but there's simply no need to replace the entire housing. It's $33 vs $500?

I used [THIS] "72W 8000LM US BridgeLux COB LED Chip Headlight Conversion Kit - White 6000K"

LED Headlight swap.-ledbulbnc700x-jpg

Replacing the rear tail light bulb was MUCH more difficult that the headlight.
    Replacing the turn signals was easy... even with replacing the flash controller on the left side under the plastic panel.

Having AUX lights mounted on the front has saved me once when the headlight bulb failed. It's not a bad idea.
    - StratTuner
    NC700XFJR1300

"If you don't understand him, and he don't die young,
    he'll probly just ride away."
    - Willie Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by StratTuner View Post
    At that price it would be better (sensibly cheaper) to replace the existing bulb. It's not fun and scratches your hand up, but there's simply no need to replace the entire housing. It's $33 vs $500?

I used [THIS] "72W 8000LM US BridgeLux COB LED Chip Headlight Conversion Kit - White 6000K"

LED Headlight swap.-ledbulbnc700x-jpg

Replacing the rear tail light bulb was MUCH more difficult that the headlight.
    Replacing the turn signals was easy... even with replacing the flash controller on the left side under the plastic panel.

Having AUX lights mounted on the front has saved me once when the headlight bulb failed. It's not a bad idea.
    Couple questions, can you post links or details to the turn signals and was it your original or this led that failed on your bike?

Senior Member LED Headlight swap. StratTuner's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X model C
    Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    Couple questions, can you post links or details to the turn signals and was it your original or this led that failed on your bike?
    The headlight didn't actually fail, it came unplugged! The AUX lights got me home safely so I could figure that out. I've used a zip tie to prevent that from recurring.

the notes on turn signal bulbs may be found [HERE].

Beemerphile's following post gets you the correct flashing controller. Resistors work but they seem less elegant than simply replacing the flash controller that tolerates LED bulbs.

I originally gave up on the effort, but I returned to the fight [HERE]. Wow.. lots of good reading on that thread....including my own stupidity/bad manners.... I apologize for those in advance, but it is what it is.
    Thank goodness for the patience of those who suffer fools gladly.
    Last edited by StratTuner; 12th July 2018 at 12:06.
    - StratTuner
    NC700XFJR1300

"If you don't understand him, and he don't die young,
    he'll probly just ride away."
    - Willie Nelson